cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Okay first issue to report Battery Drain Voice Feature

Caligulacabbage
Dialled in

Wow I have noticed that the four batteries reqd in the 360 remote drain quickly (yes I did replace them for branded ones ) when using Voice feature anyone else experiencing this or do I have either a) faulty remote or b) counterfeit batteries bought from my local supermarket ?????

15 REPLIES 15

markdyer72
Fibre optic

I upgraded a week ago and I have the original batteries in and I use voice all the time and no problems with my remote as yet.

I Upgraded 2 weeks ago using voice a lot still on the original batteries for both my remotes

martinianpaul
Superfast

Definitely one of the first things I reported.  After the set supplied with the remote died, I installed Duracell max batteries, which lasted about two weeks, maybe.  I don't often buy top of the range batteries but thought I would here.  But at this rate, I might try rechargeable ones!!!

martinianpaul
Superfast

Also, did you get an on-screen notification that the batteries needed replacing??  It's meant to be a feature of 4.28 but I've yet to see it.

No Battery message appeared on.the screen.

(360  version 4.28 OTA upgrade from V6 software)

Batteries replaced with Duracell let's see how long these last...more than two weeks I hope 

Mine died, just after a week of getting the remote, put it down to the remote probably been in storage for months!, got no warning on screen, just unable to do anything, enough power to control TV volume etc which confused matters somewhat. As a last resort, havinh rebooted box, before going through the trauma of phoning faults and getting we need to send someone out reply... decided to try putting new batteries in and voila it worked again, another drain is the remote lighting up when moved or buttons pressed.

No idea if it’s voice control or lights but mine have drained twice in a month so am now using rechargeable batteries.

this can’t be right

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No, it can’t be right. I’ve had my TV 360 for four months now and the remote is going strong.

Suggest you request a new remote.

I’m not sure if this is currently working:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-lost-or-damaged-tv-remote/download-tv-control-app

SORRY Doesn’t work for TV 360 - just tried.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I've had my 360 since the start of September and not had to change the batteries yet. I haven't used the voice activation much apart from checking to see if it works, to me it's shouldn't be pushed as such a big feature but hey, get the basics right first. Don't know why you guys are having so much problems with the batteries. I saw the 4.28 had this improved battery diagnostic, why is it not available through the settings / diagnostic menus so you can check the battery level I thought that would make sense.