cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh Dear - Home install Fail

DarrenjuggIns
Dialled in

Well ordered TV 360, got the remote delivered today....

followed the set up card in the box and......

a hard fail!!

the instruction say 3. Start your upgrade by selecting Upgrade to Virgin 360 now from the Home Screen....

yep, that wasn’t an option....

Called 150, got a very helpful young lady.... who looked into things and asked me to reset my box....

reset my box and now I have no TiVo service and no access to apps and games, which is where apparently the app to upgrade is (hmmm maybe that couldn’t have been on the Start your upgrade sheet?)

as my TiVo account is now foobar, I can’t now access the apps....

So currently the self install on previous V6 TiVo boxes is currently a hard fail.....

resolution Monday at the earliest!!!

im rather relaxed when it comes to upgrades and beta testing, but you really need to have this process so simple if you are going to send it out to non beta test users....

I HOPE to have some kind of service back be it TiVo or TV360 next week.... not a good start to my 360 experience...

kindest Regards

Darren 

19 REPLIES 19

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @Dazza123,

We can understand your frustration.

Please keep an eye on the equipment as sometimes the software updates can be slightly different from regular installs.

Keep us updated on how you get on and we'll be more than happy to help out.

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Well here I am at the end of the day and still no change, not impressed at all, am I gonna get compensated for no Virgin all day?? I don't hold out much hope for tomorrow 😡

Dazza123
On our wavelength

It's been nearly 24 hours now.....no change.....I'm furious....what do I do now??

I share your frustration. 

We had our V6 box replaced yesterday due to a fault, and the engineer replaced it with a TV 360 box which is currently operating in V6 mode. He also gave us the 360 remote. Wanting to have the 360 enabled, I spent well over an hour on chat, then nearly 2 hours on a phone call (being passed from department to department) before being cut off.  I called back, and after 30 minutes on hold I finally got to speak to someone else who would 'look into it' and 'did I mind holding?'  Eventually he took my phone number and said someone would get back to me asap with an update.

Guess what?  No phone call, no upgrade app, 4 hours wasted yesterday. At least I still have the V6 service.

Just read the upgrade instructions pinned at the top of this topic and as I don't also have a mini box does this mean that if I ever do manage to upgrade my main box to TV360 our second (TiVo) box will stop working?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi TonyJover,

According to other forum posts, you can't run a 360 and a TIVO together.

The TIVO needs swapping out to a 360 mini box.

This may be why you aren't seeing the upgrade to 360 app on the home screen (although sometimes it's in the All Apps folder)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for the info. The upgrade option isn't in the home screen or the apps.  I 'think' one gem I picked up from Virgin was that they were having problems pushing the software update to the box.  Looks like another couple of hours on the phone then 😕

Not so bad... only 56 minutes on the phone...

The 360 upgrade can't happen because of the TiVo box in the other room. If I wanted to upgrade the TiVo box to a V6 then they could both be upgraded to TV360 but it would cost me over £100. If I wait until engineers are once more doing non-essential calls (maybe another month or so) then I can have a mini box for nowt!

No, that doesn't make sense to me either, but for now I'll simply stick with V6 and forget all about 360.

I should add that my request for Virgin to simply send me a mini box was met with "No, an engineer has to do that".

Really?

Hi @Dazza123,

We can see you have replied on a couple of other threads and your migration to 360 has been completed.

Let us know if you require any further assistance.

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs