cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not a good start

thebarfly1972
Joining in

New install this morning, phone and broadband up and running.

TV however..... can't view any channels despite the update saying channels are being restored in batches following the power outage.  Reason - neither box has been activated.

I hope that VM will not be billing me from today.

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is a national fault affecting TV service - see here 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Worse than that, currently on the phone to them.  It appears that they have screwed the order up completely. 😠

After spending over 2 hours on the phone...

1. Incorrect bundle processed, not as stated on my contract
  2. New order processed by Pre-Install but was told unable to honour price as per my contract, even a manger couldn't seem to grasp that this is breach of contract.
  3. Still no activation of boxes.
  4. Passed through to Retentions.  Rolling credit to be applied to honour original price (will be keeping a watch for this on first bill)
  5. Retentions said have resent the pairing codes but could take up to 1 hour.
  6. 2 hours later and boxes still not activating.

Where can I go from here??

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi thebarfly1972,

Thank you for your post, I am so sorry to hear you are having issues with your services. I can see you have been in touch, have our team been able to assist you with this? Please let us know and we will do our best to help from here.

Zoie

In a word, no. 

So have cancelled the contract, even that was made as difficult as possible.  Based on the whole VM experience to date, I am cynical as to whether or not this has been actioned.

Sorry to hear you've cancelled the account thebarfly1972. We understand the frustration and apologise for the overall experience received. From checking the account I can see you have contacted the team and your request has been actioned.

Rob