cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound

Apmarlow1977
Tuning in

Hi. When playing recordings, there is no sound. Have to exit recording and go back into it for sound to work. When choosing channel from guide , there is no sound , go up or down a channel and all working. All connections and leads all ok and secure. 

6 REPLIES 6

roy247
Community elder

First thing I would try is a factory reset, select the first option to keep your recordings, you will need to sign in again on any apps you use like iPlayer and Netflix.

Hi Roy. 
Tried that but unfortunately the problem still occurr, was ok for a couple of hours but has come back again

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Apmarlow1977 

I would try reseating the HDMI cable on both the TV/360, sometimes it can become loose and does affect sound as well as picture. 

You could also try another known working HDMI cable.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi. Tried that and still same. 
sound will be working whilst watching tv, if you decide to play something saved ( recording) you have no sound, have to choose recording again ( sometimes 3/4 times) before sound works on it. This is for various recordings not just the same one

Hi,

If the sound always works ok with live TV try pausing something for a few minutes and then see if it plays OK, effectively doing a recording, if the sound then has a problem it would look like a problem with the 360. Is the 360 connected directly to the TV or is there any audio equipment involved, that shouldn't make any difference you would think, but I would try directly connecting the 360 to the TV to rule out any strange problem if not already connected that way.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Apmarlow1977

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding the sound issues you have been experiencing when watching recorded programmes. I have taken a look at our systems and there is a fault showing with your TV box. I would like to arrange a technician visit for you to get this sorted. I shall send you a private message to obtain the details required and we will get this issue fixed.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right hand corner and get back to me when you can!

Best wishes,

Serena