cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound

Alij77
Just joined

Just came back to virgin from sky, I've installed all the equipment following the guide but I have no sound from my TV, I've disconnected everything and reconnected it all 3 times now but still no sound 🤔

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Alij77 

Is your sound via the TV or via a soundbar?

If a soundbar is connected to the 360, if so how?

You can try the following, using the 360 remote rress Home, then Settings (the cogwheel in the right hand) >  Audio & Video > Dolby Audio and then switch to either Disabled or Follow Content

You should also double check you haven't pressed the mute button on either your TV or 360.

I would also suggest removing the HDMI cable from both the TV and 360, turn off the 360, reseat the HDMI cable in both devices and switch on again in case they need to perform a handshake again.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

roy247
Community elder

Hi Alij77,

If the 360 is connected directly to the TV connect it to a non HDMI-ARC connector.

Hi @Alij77

Welcome to the community and back to Virgin Media!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your sound at the moment. Were you able to get this fixed yourself? If not, please let us know if the advice that @newapollo or @roy247 has provided has helped at all. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley