cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No picture missing parts of recording

Biggordy1
On our wavelength

Hi I’ve changed from Sky to Virgin earlier this month. Apart from lots of installation problems and landline issues all is good apart from twice I have switched tv on and I’m getting sound and no picture. I have also missed parts of programs I recorded. I caa ask get it to correct itself if I switch everything off at the wall for a couple of minutes.  Beginning to be a pain now. 

Any ideas. 

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What's your setup in terms of master boxes & mini-boxes? I ask because mini-boxes don't have hard drives, so all the recording is done on the master.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by missing parts of recordings? Do you mean that planned recordings start late/finish early? Or there's another problem with them?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Biggordy1
On our wavelength

Hi jappits

i only have the main Virgin 360 box. 
recordings have started on time but a bit 10mm so or is missing. Saying technical issues. I’ve had a couple of your Ethernet cable isn’t connected to router warnings but when I check it there’s nothing wrong. 

Planned recordings starting on time. Ten minutes or so is missing at the end. Not on every recording. 

Could the recording issue be because I am loosing my online connection randomly. 

Hi there @Biggordy1, thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see you are having issues with your recordings missing parts. Are you finding this is happening on all recordings? Have you also noticed if this has impacted recordings at any particular time in the day.

As you had also mentioned you had the message about the ethernet not being connected have you also been able to do a reboot of the hub to see if this helps?

If you do continue to have issues it may be best to check here for some further support.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules