cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No mini box

peter9267
Joining in

Have had 2 new remote control boxes delivered, but no mini box. Under the impression the 1st mini box is free. 
Also. Is it possible to revert back to V6, so far not a fan of 360

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You won't get a mini box if you have two v6 boxes already, you can't go back to v6 once you move to 360

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You won't get a mini box if you have two v6 boxes already, you can't go back to v6 once you move to 360

Can’t see why not? I have always had 2 and have to pay extra for a 2nd box. 
I haven’t set up the 2nd box yet and at the moment don’t plan too.

If you already have two boxes (tivo/v6) they won't send a mini. Even though it lacks recording functionality it's still another tuner to feed (for watching different channels to main box/es) so would be seen as an additional (in your case third) box.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A mini-box is simply the TV360 equivalent of an additional box. In TiVo/V6 land all additional boxes are fully functional with hard drives - in TV360, only one box is a master with HDD, all additionals are minis without hard drives.

You mitigate for this by converting upto 3 x V6 into TV360 masters, but it doesn't alter 2 things here..

1: Conversions from TiVo/V6 to TV360 are voluntary but irreversible

2: New install multiroom boxes on TV360 are miniboxes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

My thinking is that they advertise that the upgrade to 360 comes with a free mini box and that you can have anther if you pay for it. At no point did it say if you already have 2 boxes you can’t have a free mini box. 
mind you they never said how poor 360 is either

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The "free minibox" is just a different way of saying "your package includes an additional box". If you already have multiroom, then you already have that "free" additional box. And given the mini-box doesn't have a hard drive, you're actually better off for converting a V6 into a 360-master.

@peter9267 wrote:

mind you they never said how poor 360 is either

Fundamentally TV360 is not TiVo/V6 - it is different.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks