cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No TV at all on 360

norbert66
Tuning in

TV problem flagged for area for 2 channels and one app but we have nothing but a black a square in mid screen. Been out all day. Not able to contact Virgin as Sunday... Closed on 150. Tried all resets. Do u still get a bill reduced for no service? WiFi and landline OK. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @norbert66 

Are there any known issues?

Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

The Check Service Status is often only populated with details of wide spread outages.

You could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more localised issues down to postcode level.

Whilst not ideal it's probably a better indicator of known problems and should also show the latest estimated date/time for the fault to be repaired.

Automatic compensation is only for landline and broadband when it's been a complete loss of service for 2 working days.

You could speak to billing and ask for a goodwwill credit for complete loss of TV service once that's all up and running again providing you've reported the fault by either using the online service checker or dialling 150.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @norbert66 

Are there any known issues?

Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

The Check Service Status is often only populated with details of wide spread outages.

You could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more localised issues down to postcode level.

Whilst not ideal it's probably a better indicator of known problems and should also show the latest estimated date/time for the fault to be repaired.

Automatic compensation is only for landline and broadband when it's been a complete loss of service for 2 working days.

You could speak to billing and ask for a goodwwill credit for complete loss of TV service once that's all up and running again providing you've reported the fault by either using the online service checker or dialling 150.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi norbert66 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome back to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing some problems with your TV service over the last few days. I've taken a look on our side and I'm unable to identify any issues with the TV box, or service in your area. How are things looking since your post?

In regard to the issue itself, are you able to try a different HDMI cable or input on your TV? Do you see anything else on the screen other than the black square? Have you tried rebooting the TV Box by switching it off at the back for 30 seconds before switching it back on again?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi,

We  the 360 ,have tried repeatedly to reboot box by switching hub and tv box off at mains since Sunday when problem occured.

working thro the test connection pages on line there is a problem flagged for my postcode re tv and each day the expected fix by engineers on the job goes onto the next day. it is now showing Friday 31st March at 12 noon.

the listed fault on the page says 'catch up4 on demand only..showing 3 days' which does not make much sense to me as all we get is the blank screen with the lighter black square in the middle.

Have just tried the reboot off/on process again for a longer period and we now have a tv connection again!

have switched off at remote and back on to see if still ok after 10 minutes and everything seems to be working ok again...hope it continues that way. Done a quick check on the status online again and fault in area still showing as being fixed till 31st March.!

Let's see if we keep connected! Have not lost any recordings etc.

Thanks for the advice.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @norbert66 

Thanks for your response!

Great to hear you've managed to get connection again, how has the TV been since? 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Travis,

All ok up to now thanks.😀

Hi norbert66, 

Thanks for coming back and letting us know things are all sorted. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know so we can provide further support. 

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs