cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sound

martinswailes
Joining in

Hi

I have a new installation.  My 2nd box has no sound when playing some recordings.  One was channel 5, I just deleted it.  Tonight channel 4, I am still recording it.

Some recordings are fine, some no sound.  What should I do, it's only day 2 with this box.

4 REPLIES 4

roy247
Community elder

Assuming they play with sound on the main box have you tried rebooting the mini box, turning the power off to the box wait a minute and then turn back on, if that doesn't work try a factory reset of the box with a mini box you don't have the option to keep your recordings because there aren't any on the mini box but you will need to sign in again to any apps you use.

Don't know why it only happens with some recordings, the program you tested on channel 4 while it was recording did the live version work OK.

Thanks, turned out to be audio settings needed to be changed

Sorry, appreciate this is an old thread but what audio settings worked for you? Cheers

Hi Traceofwind,

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this loss of sound issue looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration 😥 I would be more than happy to look into this for you!

How are things since you last posted? 

If it's still occurring would you be able to answer the following questions please? 

• Is the loss of sound intermittent or constant?
  • Does it happen on all channels?
  • Does it occur whilst using streaming apps such as Prime Video or YouTube?
  • Are recordings affected?
  • What Virgin box do you have?
  • Have you used a different HDMI to check it's not a faulty connection?
  • Please check this help link and let us know if it helps resolve your issue 👉 TV Issues.

Thanks,

Megan_L