cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No RF signal

Pengy666
Tuning in

Seems a regular thing, customer for 2 weeks and as others here have found a complete loss of services to VM already. 

I have a No RF signal detected, and annoyingly virgin cannot get a technician out for 4 days!!

fuming is an understatement, it’s got to be a late April fools joke surely.

my question is, someone surely must have an idea on what has caused the outage, there’s no issues in my area but what baffles me is surely, the Live tv should work still!!

I’m about to smash the box of the wall outside, cut their cable and call my previous fttc isp and ask for previous services to be switched back on! 

16 REPLIES 16

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First thing, let's check the basics of what's happening here. "No RF signal detected" doesn't sound like an error generated by your VM TV box, so your frustrations may be misdirected. If an error is produced by your VM-360 box, it will have a code associated with it.. so this could be a problem with your TV not being tuned to the correct HDMI input.

If you've definitely checked the correct HDMI is selected on your TV, can you take a photo of the error you have and post it on here? It may help narrow down exactly where the problem is

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

No RF is the status of my internet connection but the TV doesn’t work on either of the two boxes in the house. 

first fault on startup CS9004

continue to live tv..

second fault CS2004

see my frustration. Both internet and TV down is very annoying first thing on a Sunday and half term starts tomorrow. Imagine how annoying that would be for kids.

thanks for the reply, and any insight into how I may be able to fix the issue myself.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Lovely - in that case, let's work from the base up and be methodical. All VM TV boxes need 2 connections to properly function.

1: The white coax cable carries your live TV channcels

2: An internet connection - via your homehub - for all online functionality. TV guide & other updates, OnDemand, streaming etc. This can either be Ethernet cabled or wireless.

I suspect one or either of these may be missing and potentially causing your issues. You can check for known area faults using the automated line 0800 5610061... but double-check the connections first. You wouldn't be the first to miss an easy fix.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Cheers dude,

I use my hub 4 in modem only mode as I use wifi6 160mhz connections in the house and have an ASUS ROG GT-AX11000 router with an aimesh system. 

I found the issue in the early hours this morning and have since unplugged and plugged every connection in the house several times, I’ve even reverted back to Ethernet connection to the hub4 (reset to standard)

I suspect the issue lies within the box on the outside of the building. To lose both services 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Pengy666 

I realise you say there are no issues in your area. Did you use the Check Service Status link at the top of the page?

If nothing is showing there you should also try the automated Service Status number on 0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Error CS2004 generally means there's either a local issue as above, or that your white coaxial cable isn't connected correctly.

• Check that  the coaxial cable is correctly and firmly connected to the back of your TV box and to the wall socket. It also needs to be connected to your hub (this might be via a splitter).

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

A few times, I’ve followed the instructions and it gets to the page to make a booking and obviously I’ve selected earliest available then when VM phone lines opened I called at 1 minute past, spent 10 minutes on the line and was offered £15 credit and told nothing they can do as they’re not able to fix it remotely and earliest engineer is 4 days.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From the sounds of it then, you've called to report this and have been booked a tech - the best thing to have done if you're sure that all your connections are finger-tight.

Normally, credits aren't offered until service is restored as it's only then you can quantify what may be due. Broadband outages are covered by the auto-compensation scheme explained here 

Keep checking your appointment periodically in-case of cancellations coming up.

Thanks guys, I suspected there was nothing that could be done. It was worth an ask, I’ve instructed my bank to hold my direct debit as at this point it’s a breach of contract. I’ve been a sky tv customer for 11 years prior and only ever lost service twice, they would be round and services restored within 24-48 hours and my fttc isp in the last 5 years I’ve had one loss of service.

So as it stands they aren’t doing very well. Im not very satisfied as they only installed the services in the area in the last 3 months and in the weeks leading up to connection I had multiple sales people contact me, they are relentlessly canvassing but no engineers for 3-4 days isn’t really fair.

Hi Pengy666,

There are different types of splitters for the white coax cable, I have a white active splitter with a green light when on, is it possible you have one of these and the power has been switched off by accident.