cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No HDR on Netflix

Camzie
Joining in

When I try to watch HDR content from Netflix or Prime through the 360 box the picture appears to have a milky grey filter and no HDR. The apps on my TV work fine and display 4k with HDR so I know the issue is with the Virgin equipment. I’ve replaced my HDMI lead but still no difference. Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

Royalbeech
Superfast

I can 2nd this, it has been like it for ever. I reduced my Netflix subscription so It only allows HD, but you can't stop the HDR on Prime Video. This is very annoying and the Mods need to get the tech guys/girls to sort it out!

It has to be Virgin medias equipment, as the TV app works fine. 

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Camzie,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you have had with your TV service. 

I have taken a look on our side and I am unable to see any wider reported issues. 

How long has this been going on for? Have to you by any chance been able to try a different Tv?

^Martin

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Just to add to this - I've tried Netflix, Prime Video and iPlayer on the 360 connected to my Samsung UHD TV and all trigger HDR properly for me.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Thanks for the replies. I will try hooking up a different TV and see if HDR is properly triggered. My main TV is a Panasonic OLED and as I said before, Netflix and Prime work well through the native TV apps, so I’m guessing the 360 box isn’t automatically picking up the right settings. 

I’ll post again once I’ve tried another TV to see if it Panasonic specific. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Camzie,

Thank you for your responses.

Can I ask whether the resolution has improved on a different TV?

Thanks,

Kain

ozsat
Superstar

Sky users reporting similar issues with HDR.

@Camzie wrote:

When I try to watch HDR content from Netflix or Prime through the 360 box the picture appears to have a milky grey filter and no HDR. The apps on my TV work fine and display 4k with HDR so I know the issue is with the Virgin equipment. I’ve replaced my HDMI lead but still no difference. Any ideas?

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5