cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Chanel 108

SimonRo19
Joining in

Is anybody else experiencing a lack of BBC1hd (channel 108). When I switch to 108 the screen is blank. 

23 REPLIES 23

What colour is the light on the front of the 360.

white, all other channels are ok

So it's only a black screen on 108 I thought you meant that was all you had, how many boxes do you have and is it the same on all of them.

have got 3 boxes and only channel 108 is black, but do get the press red button top right corner which you get on BBC channels!

DuncanCorps
Dialled in

It's still unsettling that the only way to "reboot" a TV 360 is to pull the power. That's not kind to a computer's internals - physically, or its filesystems and things. Abruptly power cycling a computer (which is what a TV 360 is) is a good way to corrupt a filesystem and lose (pieces of) files (which is what the recordings are).

Hi gingermoonman,

Do you have a 360 mini box, if you do try doing a factory reset, as you don't have any recordings on the 360 mini box you won't get the option to keep your recordings as it will only reset that box and hopefully force an update to your channel listings, if 108 doesn't come back you might need to wait until the boxes automatically refresh the channel's.

so I should not do this?

Thanks for the replies, looks like an issue in my error and engineers looking into it

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@gingermoonman  and @SimonRo19 

This may be a local area issue which may already be listed if you look at Check service status at the top of the page, or if call the automated service status number on 0800 561 0061

A V6 user in the Kent area has the black screen as well. It may be helpful if you could give the first part of your postcode or local area to help pinpoint if it is local and we can then feed this back to mods

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Yes there is an issue in the area and hopefully fixed by the morning

I am Maidstone ME16