cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Chanel 108

SimonRo19
Joining in

Is anybody else experiencing a lack of BBC1hd (channel 108). When I switch to 108 the screen is blank. 

23 REPLIES 23

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I would reboot your box. Virgin’s BBC1HD channel IDs were changed today to prepare for future regional variations. If your box has not picked these up it will not find the channel. Rebooting the box should update the channel IDs.

If it’s saved in your favourites list, you may have to re-save it.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I have same issue, how do you reboot box?

Just turn the box off with the switch on the back should be enough to reload the channel's. Turn off wait for a minute and then turn it back on.

I just get a black screen but with the press red logo top right?

It does take a few minutes to reboot.

After recycling the power you should get the Virgin Welcome screen and this seems to last forever but is only a few minutes and then it's back to normal or should be, 

Sorry misread your reply and need to turn it off at the back, do I only need to do it on the main box?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @gingermoonman 

If you have more than one box and 108 is missing on each boxes then power off each box using the rocker button on the back.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Depending on how many boxes you have and which boxes are missing 108 you only need to reboot the boxes with 108 missing.

If the box is on press the power button on the remote to turn off the 360, then turn the power off, wait for 1 or 2 minutes then turn the power switch on. You will then see the welcome screen and it will take a few minutes to start up, if the 360 is repowered from standby you will need to press the power button on the remote, if you repowered from the box being on it usually comes back on live TV.

Still only getting a black screen?