cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie Questions

Snellster42
Joining in

Forgive me if this has been answered before, I’ve searched but cannot find the info

1. What is the watchlist for ? It seems to be linked to recordings, but I can’t figure it out.

2. I’ve got 2 boxes, are the recordings shared between both boxes ? We have 1 box downstairs, and another in my daughters room,  I don’t particularly want to see what she has recorded on my box (yes we are using different profiles)

3. Series Links, I had loads of series links on my old boxes, I’ve set up the ones that are broadcasting now, that was easy to do, but how do I set a series link up for something that isn’t being broadcast now, for example Match of the Day or the walking dead ?

yours Hopefully

Snellster

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Snellster42 wrote:

Forgive me if this has been answered before, I’ve searched but cannot find the info

1. What is the watchlist for ? It seems to be linked to recordings, but I can’t figure it out.

The watchlist in 360-land is broadly equivalent to VoD "bookmarks" in TiVo-land. You can find programmes using the TV-Go app, and add them to your watchlist, for viewing on your 360.

@Snellster42 wrote:

2. I’ve got 2 boxes, are the recordings shared between both boxes ? We have 1 box downstairs, and another in my daughters room,  I don’t particularly want to see what she has recorded on my box (yes we are using different profiles)

Did you migrate 2 x V6 boxes to 360? Or is your additional box a mini? If it's a minibox, it doesn't have a hard drive and all recordings are stored on the master box. If you have 2 x converted V6, take a read of this thread which (If I understand your query correctly) probably covers it. I use a V6, but if my understand is correct - you can't do what you're hoping to do.

@Snellster42 wrote:

3. Series Links, I had loads of series links on my old boxes, I’ve set up the ones that are broadcasting now, that was easy to do, but how do I set a series link up for something that isn’t being broadcast now, for example Match of the Day or the walking dead ?

You can't - this is a current limitation of the 360-platform. You can only set recordings or SLs for programmes that are in the EPG.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

1. The Watchlist is very useful for boxsets, series from Amazon Prime, for instance.

For example, we are currently watching The Good Wife from the start using a Watchlist entry.

We we’re recording it, as it is currently being broadcast on Alibi from series one, but have changed to using Watchlist (and cancelled the recording) as all series are available on UKTV On Demand boxset.

Once added to Watchlist, and having watched episode 1, your next episode is always ready for you in Continue Watching.

2. I only have one TV 360 but understand that all recordings can be seen by all profiles although watched status is by profile. A limitation at the moment.

3. I have never understood how you can set up a series on TiVo if there is no entry in the Guide (other than a manual timed recording).

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ernie_C wrote:

we are currently watching The Good Wife....

We we’re recording it, as it is currently being broadcast on Alibi from series one, but have changed to using Watchlist (and cancelled the recording) as all series are available on UKTV On Demand boxset.

Once added to Watchlist, and having watched episode 1, your next episode is always ready for you in Continue Watching.

Same 're The Good Wife! Except the VoD is only SD, and broadcast is HD. I know the series dates from 2009 and probably wasn't filmed to the same standards, but still.

@Ernie_C wrote:

3. I have never understood how you can set up a series on TiVo if there is no entry in the Guide (other than a manual timed recording).

It relies on there being an EPG entry somewhere - but this can often be a single VoD asset. That's sufficient to generate EPG metadata, from which TiVo lets you create an SL.

Royalbeech
Superfast

@Snellster42 wrote:

yours Hopefully

Snellster

FYI you will not (at present) be able to set up a series link for The Walking Dead, all up and coming new episodes will be on Diseny +

So if I add something to the watchlist it will just find it wherever it is, for example if I put Buffy in the watchlist it would get it from More4 or Prime Video etc ?

Looking at the other answers and some pointed out threads (thanks Jebitts) I’m slightly regretting upgrading my 2 V6 boxes from TiVo to 360. I’m sure I’m losing brain cells because it appears that I’m recording Love Island (even though it’s my daughter upstairs)

im just hoping that these are teething troubles and Virgin sort them out sooner rather than later.

Which we cannot watch on V360 yet, thank god for my fire stick 🥲

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Snellster42 wrote:

So if I add something to the watchlist it will just find it wherever it is, for example if I put Buffy in the watchlist it would get it from More4 or Prime Video etc ?

In principle, I believe so - others who have 360 should be able to confirm/correct me if I'm wrong.

Remember that "ITV Hub", "My5" and in this case "All-4" can mean one of two things. Either the Virgin OnDemand programmes that are just branded with the broadcaster's logo, or content in ITV/C4/C5's branded app. The 360 doesn't have the All-4 app at this time, that's only on the V6 boxes.