cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to 360 software questions

TVmadone
On our wavelength

Hello fellow TV viewers...

I've just been updated in the last few days to 360 on my V6 boxes and I have a few questions that I'm hoping that can be answered.  

(1) Does the 360 software have a regular update time each week or month like Tivo software has ?

(2) I've noticed that having 3 V6 boxes with 360 the epg shows all the shows being recorded that have been setup on different boxes are shown on all boxes.  Does this mean that they are being recorded on all boxes?

(3) How do I get delete a show or shows from the box as we no longer have a delete button?

(4) is there anyway of setting up further season of our favourite shows like we could do with Tivo software?

(5) is any place on the 360 software that gives us the show information to when is was first shown and if its new to air seasons?

(6) how far forward can the EPG go, as at this point in time its not quite 2 weeks as Tivo software could go almost a month at times. 

(7) How long do the battery last in the remote control as it seems to be using more power with it light up each time we move it and the voice system too?

(8) is their any booklet for customers new to 360 that can help us with what voice commands can used for us all?

(9) Are there any list of errors codes like the Tivo boxes had ?

(10) Do record shows have a delete time limit automatically set on 360 or can we keep recording as long as we want?

More to come in next few week's ..

5 REPLIES 5

jgrayonline
Tuning in

I'd suggest not upgrading. It's only Beta and has a tendency to delete everything on your box without notice.

Essentially it's Virgin's own stripping away TIVO as I'm guessing they have lost the contract.

Stick with Tivo as it's better.

It errors nearly every page and takes you on and off tv.

If you want to just watch TV then fine upgrade but if you want to watch recordings, apps, etc then stay where you are.

@jgrayonline wrote:

I'd suggest not upgrading. It's only Beta  [100% incorrect] and has a tendency to delete everything on your box without notice. [this does not happen]

Essentially it's Virgin's own stripping away TIVO as I'm guessing they have lost the contract. [you clearly have no clue. The 360 is Horizon software which is completely different to TiVo. Nothing has been 'stripped' back......]

Stick with Tivo as it's better. [No its not - this is just your opinion. Please don't advise people to do something based on your own personal views. The user should do their own independent research before updating. ]

It errors nearly every page  [100% incorrect - it does NOT do this] and takes you on and off tv. [Totally inaccurate] 

If you want to just watch TV then fine upgrade but if you want to watch recordings, apps, [The 360 works fine in this regard] etc then stay where you are.

...see above in red.

deans6571
Wise owl

@TVmadone wrote:

I've just been updated in the last few days to 360 on my V6 boxes and I have a few questions that I'm hoping that can be answered.  

(1) Does the 360 software have a regular update time each week or month like Tivo software has ?

No - updates can happen at any time, normally over night

.(2) I've noticed that having 3 V6 boxes with 360 the epg shows all the shows being recorded that have been setup on different boxes are shown on all boxes.  Does this mean that they are being recorded on all boxes?

(3) How do I get delete a show or shows from the box as we no longer have a delete button?

Go to the Saved section and select the Trash icon.

(4) is there anyway of setting up further season of our favourite shows like we could do with Tivo software?

If you want to record from Season 2 onwards and currently on TV, Season 1 is playing, select an episode from Season 1 and choose the 'Record from this episode and onwards' option.

(5) is any place on the 360 software that gives us the show information to when is was first shown and if its new to air seasons?

There is no 'New' info yet.

(6) how far forward can the EPG go, as at this point in time its not quite 2 weeks as Tivo software could go almost a month at times. 

Its about 2 weeks into the future I think.

(7) How long do the battery last in the remote control as it seems to be using more power with it light up each time we move it and the voice system too?

(8) is their any booklet for customers new to 360 that can help us with what voice commands can used for us all?

(10) Do record shows have a delete time limit automatically set on 360 or can we keep recording as long as we want?

...see above in blue for the ones which I know answers to.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@deans6571 wrote:

@TVmadone wrote:

No - updates can happen at any time, normally over night

I believe the updates are staggered by location and performed overnight. My box updates to the latest version around 3 weeks after other users first mention it on the forums. 

.(2) I've noticed that having 3 V6 boxes with 360 the epg shows all the shows being recorded that have been setup on different boxes are shown on all boxes.  Does this mean that they are being recorded on all boxes?

The programs are either recorded on the box you set it from or ...

When setting up a series link go to advanced and select which box you want the recording to be made on. It will then be recorded on that box going forward, even if the default recording box is the other one. So all you need to do is reset your series links to record on the box you want them to. Unfortunately to reset the links, you'll need to delete and reset. You can also use the same method to record individual programs rather than series.

Since version 4.35 if you go to System> Recording settings this now lists the precentage used on each box (applies to upgraded V6 boxes as they all have hard drives) 

Go to the Saved section and select the Trash icon.

If you set up a recording in error and that program is still being aired live  then you can press the record button again and stop and delete the recording.

You can also fine tujne the recordings by going to

Saved > Recorded > See All > press the up button on the remote and then right to highlight Manage Settings. Press OK and enter your pin number (default is 1234)  for a list of options

Ask to delete after watching is automatically set to ON, so you'll see an on screen prompt asking you to confirm if you wish to delete that recordoing - or you can click OK to turn the prompt of f.

The next option there is fast Clean UP options which you can set by box with the following options

Delete all fully watched recordings

Delete all recordings older than 6 months

Delete all recordings

Stop all future recordings

Delete and stop all recordings 

If you want to record from Season 2 onwards and currently on TV, Season 1 is playing, select an episode from Season 1 and choose the 'Record from this episode and onwards' option.

The series link starts from the season you set it too ie if there are 8 seasons and you set the 1st recording at season 4 it will record seasons 4 to 8.

There is no 'New' info yet.

Its about 2 weeks into the future I think.

You'll find the main PSB channels ie ITV, BBC, ITV4, CH5 and their spin of channels often only show details for around 7 days ahead

The battery length will vary on usage, the odd thing is it actually works with just 2 batteries, it doesn't need all 4, so you can remove 2 and save them for later use.

On another note, if the remote appears to have stopped working, shake it a couple of times and it should start working again.

Also if appears to have stopped working check the Settings > Sytsem > Standby power consumption is set to Fast Start

There's a link to the Irish site on the following link for some voice commands, and the next post there also lists some of the commands from the Dutch site  360 Voice commands 

The virgin-tv-edit/virgin-tv-360 page also has links to voice commands and 360 tips.

A user guide should have been included with your remotes, however the online version is <<< here >>> 

The online Help page/FAQ's is also full of tips <<< help/virgin-tv-360 >>> 

You can  type in or search the error codes on the following page <<< TV Care error codes >>> 

You should be able to keep recordings as long as you want, however should  you change your package and lose channels then you won't be able to watch those recordings, or should the channel cease to be on the VM platform then the recordings are usually pulled after about 3 months

...see above in blue for the ones which I know answers to.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Both TiVo/V6 & 360 have the same EPG times - 7days back, upto 14days in the future.

The underlying data is the same, but 360 doesn't have first-aired dates that TiVo/V6 does. And has a different update cycle.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks