cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to 360 and Can't get working getting no help

Keef19
Tuning in

Fitted new hub 4 but can't get connection to v6 box so can't upgrade to 360 using the new remote. Get error code m63. Been 5 days now and virgin can't fix it so we have no on demand or recording or live pause or streaming. So frustrating. Any ideas what to do. Virgin keep saying they will ring back but never do.

26 REPLIES 26

roy247
Community elder

Have you tried resetting the V6 box, Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart.

If that doesn't work have tried newapollo's advice of trying to connect using wifi, you will have to remove the ethernet cable because I think with that connected it will default to the ethernet port, Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network.

If you still can't connect you will need to call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault
or wait here for one of the forum team team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

I have tried resetting, rebooting, spent hours onthe phone to 150 and still no solution. Absolutely poor support from Virgin. Only left with one option now.

Hey Keef19 thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear about your recent experience.

I have taken a look at our side and I can see the team are looking into this for you, I can also see you have a call back scheduled in shortly.

Please can you keep me updated on how you get on. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Incredible, we have now had a home visit by a Virgin Technician and still no fix. He thinks it's  an activation code issue from up high. How could this not have checked previously?. He now needs a code that can't be sourced at the weekend so coming back Monday to try again. How much more patience is expected!!!!!!!

Hi Keef19,

Thank you for reaching back out and for the update, we are really sorry to hear the technician wasn't able to fix the issues there and then and needs to return on Monday when a code can be generated, we do understand your frustration and do appreciate you patience and understanding, this isn't an issue I am aware of, as the 360 Box is our newest offering there can sometimes be faults which we cannot fix there and then, there is some help and support around issues which can occur here, apologies again for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Paul.

Surprise surprise, Monday morning has been and gone and we have had no contact from the engineer or Damien from virgin customer service team. Are virgin deliberately trying to getting rid of us?

Hey Keef19 thank you for reaching back out and I am sorry you didn't get a call back.

However after checking I can see the team have been in contact, have they managed to resolve your issues for you?

Please do let me know. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

The team did not contact me, I made contact with them again and still no resolution. Now they are saying they will visit me again in another 6 days time to try again. I don't hold out much hope. I am beginning to think I a dreaming!!!!!!!!!

Hi @Keef19 thanks for your reply - I'm sorry about this, I can appreciate your frustrations here.

Despite this, I'm glad that we've been able to get this on the road to being sorted for you.

Please let us know how things get on for you following the visit!
Many thanks

Tom_W

Engineer visited and changed both tv boxes which worked but within 3 days the main living room box has broken so we have no connection just a fuzzy screen. All connections checked and nothing. When rebooted it comes up with the welcome in several languages as standard then goes to white/black fuzzy screen with no functions. so here we go again. How can Virgin be this useless and still be in business.