cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to 360 and Can't get working getting no help

Keef19
Tuning in

Fitted new hub 4 but can't get connection to v6 box so can't upgrade to 360 using the new remote. Get error code m63. Been 5 days now and virgin can't fix it so we have no on demand or recording or live pause or streaming. So frustrating. Any ideas what to do. Virgin keep saying they will ring back but never do.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey Keef19 thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear about your recent experience.

I have taken a look at our side and I can see the team are looking into this for you, I can also see you have a call back scheduled in shortly.

Please can you keep me updated on how you get on. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

26 REPLIES 26

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Assuming the V6’s internet connection is via WiFi to the new Hub, have you let the V6 know in settings that it has a new WiFi SSID and password?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

My v6 box is wired through rj45. It was fine before changing to hub 4 router 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Keef19 wrote:

My v6 box is wired through rj45. It was fine before changing to hub 4 router 

Please can you disconnect the ethernet cable from the set top box and set it up as wifi, either entering the hub 4 SSID and password or by using the WPS set up option and see if that helps?

Also, if the set top box is connected via a 3rd party router or switch try connecting it directly to the hub 4.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I will try later, thanks. Any idea where in the menu I would do this?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Keef19 
Since the V6 hasn't been converted to a 360 yet it will be under

Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Iam trying to convert v6 to 360 but it won't as don't have Internet connection to box

roy247
Community elder

Have you checked that your hub is actually working, does your mobile connect to the hub's wifi and internet, if it does have you tried a different ethernet cable or port on the hub.

Hub works fine as all other devices connect ok. It is just the v6 boxes that have problem. I have also tried a couple of rj 45 cables and not difference 

Time to move to another provider