cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New set up

Nomis666
Joining in

Just changed my contract have been given 2 new 360 boxes for my 2 room set up. Have not activated them yet. Just realised in the 2nd room it’s an old tv with scart only connection. Have tried hdmi to scart converters and they don’t work. Currently working fine with TiVo box scart connection. I am happy keeping this as a 2nd room set up. Question is can I simply not use one of the 360 boxes that Virgin are sending me and keep this one as it is? I don’t want to be buying another tv for what is a rarely used spare. 

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Nomis666 

Unfortunately they older box is on the TIVO platform and the 360 on the Horizon platform.

They both need to be on the Horizon platform.  VM cannot support 360 and TiVo on the same account. 

Once you've switched to a 360 it's impossible to convert back to the TIVO/V6 boxes.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Nomis666
Joining in

New question relating to a previous post. I have signed a new deal which includes a 360 box. I wanted to run the old style original TiVo box in the 2nd room but have been told this is not possible as they are on different platforms. If I ask them to send me a v6 instead will this be on the same platform so I can continue running my original TiVo box in the 2nd room. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Much better to keep all your posts on the same subject to the same thread - I've merged them together for you.

The answer won't be what you want to hear. TiVo/V6 & 360 are completely different software platforms and cannot be mixed in the same home.

Now that you have 360 boxes, any replacements will be 360 and not V6. A voluntary move from TiVo/V6 to 360 is a) One-way, and b) Irreversible. You are now a TV360 customer, and cannot revert to TiVo or V6.

For what it's worth, and although it's too late for you now, no new contract automatically includes a software conversion - a package change is a completely separate and independent "thing" to a voluntary software conversion. You can change from TiVo/V6 > 360 without changing your package, just as much as you can change package deal without changing TV software.

Many people do the two at the same time, but that doesn't mean they must be.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

you misunderstood. I just signed up last night. Have not had anything sent out yet. I want to ask if I get a v6 box sent instead of 360 would I be ok to still use the old TiVo in room 2. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No.

If you've requested a change from TiVo/V6 > 360, then consider that change irreversible.

All your TV boxes will now be 360-master or 360-minis.

TiVo's will be swapped for 360-minis, V6 will be software-converted for 360-masters.

You cannot use TiVo boxes on accounts setup for 360.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks