cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New season and still no Sky Sports UHD

HavencroftKev
Fibre optic

With the new Premier League season beginning this weekend I have to admit I am slightly Sky Sports UHD is still not available on Virgin Media.

This, if I'm correct was rumoured to have been on Virgin 2 years ago yet still nothing!!

Does anyone have any further news as to when/if it is still coming?

42 REPLIES 42

Hi @Tonyt1962, sorry to hear this. 

Sadly we do not offer Sky sports UHD currently, as sky will only allow us to have Sky Sports HD. We do have BT sports UHD - is this what you were referring to? 

Sad to hear you are thinking of leaving us when your contract ends - if there is anything further we can do to help please let us know!

All the best, Molly. 

Molly

Tonyt1962
On our wavelength

Given I posted my comments in a thread titled ‘where is my sky sports 4k’ I was referring customer services saying the sky sports uhd footy would be with virgin very soon ( it was announced in 2019 for goodness sake!)

so yes I will be off in July !

Hi Tonyt1962

We are always looking to improve out services. Sky Sports UHD is something that we would like to have.

When this will be ? its best to keep an eye on any news here 

Gareth_L

For the record here is the original press release from 2019 saying it was agreed.

I don’t hold out much hope.

https://www.virginmedia.com/corporate/media-centre/press-releases/extended-partnership-between-virgi...

So, does anything think I was lied to when I recently upgraded to the Ultimate Volt bundle...

Virgin WhatsApp log wrote:
24/02/2022, 15:33:37] (me): Does this also include everything that is in my current contract?
[24/02/2022, 15:34:57] (me): ...and do you know when Sky Sports/F1 will be available in UHD, as I've been waiting for them for about 2 years since Virgin first mentioned them.

[24/02/2022, 15:40:15] Virgin Media: Yes the TV packages is still the same, and the two box are still included here.
[24/02/2022, 15:42:13] Virgin Media: And yes when you are in Ultimate Bundle the Sky Sports UHD is already included here.

tyc0746 you were lied to.  Sky Sports channel are definitely not available in 4K/UHD. 

@tyc0746 wrote:

So, does anything think I was lied to when I recently upgraded to the Ultimate Volt bundle...

Virgin WhatsApp log wrote:
24/02/2022, 15:33:37] (me): Does this also include everything that is in my current contract?
[24/02/2022, 15:34:57] (me): ...and do you know when Sky Sports/F1 will be available in UHD, as I've been waiting for them for about 2 years since Virgin first mentioned them.

[24/02/2022, 15:40:15] Virgin Media: Yes the TV packages is still the same, and the two box are still included here.
[24/02/2022, 15:42:13] Virgin Media: And yes when you are in Ultimate Bundle the Sky Sports UHD is already included here.

Certainly looks that way or a misunderstanding from the offshore customer services. Either way tge specific question was asked and then answered which could have influenced your decision. Surely this is grounds to cancel without penalty due to mis selling?

If you have entered into a new contract you have the right to cancel those services within your 14-day cooling off period.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Hi @HavencroftKev

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

My apologies for the inconvenience and any miscommunication that may of been provided, if you've been entered into a new contract as advised above you would be provided with the opportunity to cancel without charge if you're within the 14 day cooling off period.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I'd argue even without the 14 day cool off this would be grounds to terminate the contract early due to mis selling.