cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New season and still no Sky Sports UHD

HavencroftKev
Fibre optic

With the new Premier League season beginning this weekend I have to admit I am slightly Sky Sports UHD is still not available on Virgin Media.

This, if I'm correct was rumoured to have been on Virgin 2 years ago yet still nothing!!

Does anyone have any further news as to when/if it is still coming?

42 REPLIES 42

Hi @nuzikdude,

We're always looking to improve and expand upon our products and services. Once we have any update on anything we'll communicate it out, but in the meantime please refer to the link provided by @newapollo for news and updates.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

nuzikdude
On our wavelength

You are not looking at ways to improve. You are looking at ways to fleece customers a d pretend you have answered questions by palming them off.

You couldn't have said it better.

My brother was about to swap from Sky, and asked me to find out about this.  With everything else he was good to go, but he's used to Sky Sports 4K (his main thing), so not going to commit to an 18mth contract based on a 2yr old promise.  Shame.

thanks for the heads-up.

My brother was told today by sales rep that sky ports 4k/ultra is definitely available now.  I guess some will try anything to get a sale?.  Either misinformed or telling blatant lies.  Either way we're not impressed.  Doe someone from Virgin care to comment here?.

Hi joepineapples2,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm truly sorry to hear about this. Has the contract started yet?

You do have a 14 days cooling off period to cancel if you don't wish to go ahead. 

^Martin

No, with the obvious evidence that Sky Sports is NOT available in 4K with VM, he's sticking with Sky.  Its a shame really.

The small consolidation is that but sports is 4k along with champions league…
But The UHD selection is poor imo , even for oomph users, as virgin seem to think it’s fair to split subscribers even on the same package.

Even if we get sky sports UHD,  it's likely to only be comparable with everyone elses HD offering,  if the current sky HD quality is anything to go by.

I'm still hoping BT ultimate will start showing High Dynamic Range broadcasts,  as this is where the real benefit comes from.

Roll on July ! … been promised UHD sports twice now ( when renewing )  and don’t get my starred on the lag of live games compared to sky q.

I will be out of here when contract runs out in July !