cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New install today. Now error CS6002 Can't find hard drive.

Rogward
On our wavelength

Brand new broadband and TV360 installed a couple of hours ago. Tv froze, now get error CS6002 Can't find hard drive. 

Tried turning off and on, same error. No TV until engineer comes out. Not a good start!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to cover the obvious, do you have master boxes or miniboxes? Your primary box should be a master (with hard drive), the minis just slave from the master.

Pictures below..

1629411602364.jpg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to cover the obvious, do you have master boxes or miniboxes? Your primary box should be a master (with hard drive), the minis just slave from the master.

Pictures below..

1629411602364.jpg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Rogward
On our wavelength

Just one box, a master. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I should have also asked, was this an engineer install or self-serve QuickStart?

If the former, presumably it worked initially but has since failed?

Rogward
On our wavelength

Engineer installed, as 360 box and hub in different rooms, and the self install kit couldn't cope with that. All worked fine for about 30 mins, then screen locked, remote locked. Rebooted a few times - always same error CS6002 Can't find hard drive. Just unlucky to get a faulty box I guess. 

Rogward
On our wavelength

Just for completeness, this is the error on the screen.

IMG_20220310_204326_987 (1).jpg

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Rogward 

hard drives do develop faults which is annoying, especially with it being a new installation.

I'm wondering if you've actually received a mini box and not the main box which has the hard drive.

The mini box is the same width (23cm) but smaller in height (3.5cm).

I have the main box which is 5cm in height.

Have you managed to speak to faults (150 from a VM landline or mobile)

It sounds like either way you will need a box swap.

You could try a factory reset as you've nothing to lose.

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset. It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Normally I would advise selecting Choose Keep Recordings means you won't lose your recordings or any links you've set up (but will have to sign into apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again), however since you have the "can't find hard drive" message I would try the "Format Disk" option.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Rogward
On our wavelength

Update. The online help/fix does not understand this error code, so I guess it is recent. The engineer, who is good,  came back today. He had never seen that error. The telephone helpline did have a  response for CS6002, which was immediate engineer send. 

Long story short - the box was replaced, as was the remote, as that wouldn't pair with the new box. For info, the original box was a Humax, and the new one isn't. All working fine at present. Image quality on SKY HD channels better than Sky.

Now all I have to do is somehow get the sports upgraded to HD... 

Thanks to all those who offered assistance. Appreciated. 

Roger

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Roger,

Thanks for the update.

I'm pleased to see s box swap fixed it.

You've been helpful as well as the info you've provided will help us advise other customers who may see the CS6002 error in the future.

As to the HD version of Sky Sports, it's an extra £7 per month and you would need to speak to CS (regrades) to get that added.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I have this very same problem now. I have contacted Virgin today twice and am just getting told, somebody will call me  to try to resolve the issue. I have tried explaining that , i have done all the usual, restarted the box, restarted the modem, done a factory reset on the box and a new box is required or a service engineer needs to come and sort it, but no, they say soemone will give me a call....in the next 3 days ????.

I have no access to the recording features,cant watch any recordings, cant scedule new recordings, cant even pause live tv, the remote does not connect with the box, but will turn my tv on and off and control the volume on my soundbox as it is paired to those devices, so am having to bumble through with a downloaded app, but still can only watch live tv.  Just not good enough service.