cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New install query

caffers123
Joining in

Hi I am looking to get virgin media installed for the first time.

I would like the television to be in our downstairs living room,  but I need the main router to be in the upstairs bedroom directly above so I can plug my computer directly into it (wireless not an option here). 

Would this be included as part of a standard install? I do not mind if the television downstairs needs to rely on WiFI

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @caffers123 

That wouldn't be a problem, the tech will install the hub and TV wherever you want them locating.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @caffers123 

That wouldn't be a problem, the tech will install the hub and TV wherever you want them locating.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your router will need a co-ax connection incoming, and will then provide onward Ethernet & wireless connections.

Your TV360 will need a co-ax connection for live TV and also an internet connection for OnDemand & streaming. Ethernet is recommended, but reliable wireless will also suffice.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Caffers123,  welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Pleased to hear you are thinking of joining us! As the community have correctly advised we will be able to arrange this for you as part of your installation, you just need to request a manned installation so we can ensure everything is set up as you would like it! 

You can place your order over the phone with the sales team via 📞 0800 183 1234, and get more information online here 👉 virg.in/bbi
If you have any issues following your installation please feel free to get in touch here and we will do our best to offer help! Thanks for your patience whilst we get you installed and set up.
Wishing you all the best 🌞

Molly

Roseyhue
On our wavelength

If WiFi isn't an option in his house and I assume that means it can't get the signal past the walls to the room it is in, if the WiFi hub is upstairs with the TV downstairs, how can his 360 tv system get the wifi signal to allow streaming/catchup?  You need the 360 box next to the TV for the remote to work.

Hi Roseyhue,

From caffers123 post, I believe he is implying his computer can't connect over WiFi and isn't able to connect via Ethernet. 

Not that the WiFi signal doesn't reach around the house. 

^Martin