Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer issues

Kazza8888
Tuning in

Can anyone help !!!!

we installed the new v6 system yesterday and we are having issues

1 the tv keeps freezing and we can’t change channels and then it reboots. Really annoying when watching live sport.

2 the lip sync is completely off. We changed the audio delay but when we change channels or programmes the lip sync changes again. 

can anyone help because I’m really thinking about cancelling this subscription. As it’s awful

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As japitts says rebooting is more than likely a box problem, you could try a factory reset if you haven't already, lip sync problems are something else, are you using a soundbar or just the TV speakers.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First off, are you sure you have a V6? Unless you've swapped out a TiVo, then a new install wouldn't have been a V6 but a 360. If you're not sure, check here 

Although a rebooting box is a faulty box, your other queries do depend which you actually have.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Arh you are right. 

it is a tv360

im having one of this days 😞

do you know what I should do?

thank you japitts 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Take the rebooting box as the biggie - this sounds like a fault to me.

You can either call in (150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone) or wait here (might be a couple of days) for staff to respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

As japitts says rebooting is more than likely a box problem, you could try a factory reset if you haven't already, lip sync problems are something else, are you using a soundbar or just the TV speakers.

Hi

we are just using the tv. 

@Kazza8888 wrote:

Hi

we are just using the tv. 

If you are connected to a HDMI-ARC connector I would try connecting to a non ARC HDMI connector on the TV and try setting dolby to Follow content on the 360.

Hope that helps.

Good Afternoon @Kazza8888, can you please advise me if the posts from @roy247, has helped you resolve the issues you've been experiencing?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi, 

I ended up calling virgin as the box was freezing all the time. They came out yesterday and replaced the box. Since the box has been replaced everything is working perfectly. 

thank you 

Thank you for your advice. Everything is working now