cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New boxes and I can record to both

RGregg
On our wavelength

Strange one, done 360 upgrade, already had 2 v6 boxes well package arrived Containing two boxes and remotes, thinking one would be the mini nope both boxes are full size both have harddrives and I can record to both, I can even select what box I want to record the programs onto when I say do a series link, no idea how that worked but it does, I have to send the old v6 boxes back but some reason they never sent out a mini, not complaining tho as have same storage as I had before the change

25 REPLIES 25

RGregg
On our wavelength

Yea they both on 4.28 also in setting system you can goto record settings and change the general settings for each box, and is shows how much of the HD is in use for each box

Tv 2 https://imgur.com/gallery/puXsQJ0

Pic https://imgur.com/a/lsoqEeC

No ide if the pics are showing on here

Paul621
On our wavelength

I've just renewed my ultimate oomph and decided to order the 360 and mini box at same time. The parcel arrived today and there was 2 360,s. Everything seems fine. I was getting the 7400 code on second box but a call to India and was sorted in 10 minutes which was a surprise.

Looks like retentions are getting a call in the morning as I regret letting them talk me into this 360 farce, I hope they don't argue and issue a 2nd 360 so I can go back in some form to the way it was before.

RGregg
On our wavelength

Well they came out again today as I asked for a 3rd box to be I stalled in another bedroom, all fitted and the bloke installed another 360 so I have 3 now no mini boxes at all, gutted they charged me £50 to Install and activate it tho, but all going good, never used all the storage when I had 2 v6 boxes now got 3 360 boxes lol

It does look like you can now have multiple Full Humax 360 boxes and get access to all the storage. Maybe Virgin/ Horizon team have enabled it on the new boxes possibly with a back end update at there end. certainly makes sense for the future as they have run out of V6 boxes and maybe now mini boxes too

Is there a way to select the 'recorded on this TV box' permanently?? 

I know my dad is going to end up deleting one of my recordings, if I could permanently change this setting on his tv360 things would be great!! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Natters242!

Welcome back to our Community! We're happy to have your back.

The TV360 main box and the minis share a hard-drive, meaning that whatever is recorded on either box will be stored on the shared hard-drive.

Unfortunately, we're unable to change the settings to match your request, I'm afraid. 

As well as this, the TV360 is unable to recover any shows that have been deleted by accident.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Natters242
Tuning in

Hi Paulina_Z

I am one of the people who have 2 boxes with hard drives rather than a main box and a mini. 

Following the steps mentioned earlier I can see the recordings on the box I'm using but as soon as I leave the recorded page and go back in it reverts back to showing the recordings on all boxes. 

Is there any way to set 'recorded on this TV box' as the default view?? 

The TV360 main box and the minis share a hard-drive, meaning that whatever is recorded on either box will be stored on the shared hard-drive.

Unfortunately, we're unable to change the settings to match your request, I'm afraid. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your reply @Natters242!

I completely understand your situation. Thank you for making me aware of it.

However, as the software in both of those boxes are the TV360 software, what I said previously would still apply. You would not be able to change those settings while the TV360 software if active.

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Hope this helped, 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Please ignore everything after

'Is there any way to set 'recorded on this TV box' as the default view??'

As I copied and pasted info from the post I was replying to and forgot to delete it and I can't find a way to edit it. 

My apologies