New Virgin TV 360

mikeh99
On our wavelength

Great - had email to upgrade today to 

"Enjoy telly on your terms, with Virgin TV 360"

so I did

it is only after you get to the confirmation page you then see the following

MORE ESPECIALLY
your recordings and settings won’t be transferred to your new TV when you upgrade!!

"Enjoy your recordings before you swap 

Unfortunately, your recordings and settings won’t be transferred to your new TV when you upgrade. But whilst you wait for your new remote, there’s still time to watch before you swap. Some programmes will be available to watch again on Catch Up or On Demand (depending on which TV pack you have) and you’ll find loads more to get hooked on in no time."

THANK BUT NO THANKS!!

QUESTION

In addition do I loose any of my purchased Boxed Sets like Game of Thrones??

ANOTHER QUESTION
I spent £80 on Game of Thrones boxed set and yet I cannot find out how to download it so I can see it on say my PC.  In addition told if I leave VM I loose this.
GREAT THIS IS NOT TOLD TO YOU WHEN YOU PURCHASE 
WOULD HAVE BE MUCH BETTER OFF PURCHASING THE DVDS FOR SAME PRICE!!!

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm not sure about "boxset games", but as far as a conversion to TV360 goes..

1: TiVo/V6 & 360 are completely different software platforms with many differences & pros/cons

2: The conversion process involves a complete reformat of your TV box, so SL's & recordings are not transferable

3: The conversion process is voluntary but irreversible.

Choosing to convert won't have any impact on your TV package, which is what permits access to box-set content. You get that by virtue of being on Max-it TV tier.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

mikeh99
On our wavelength

Thank you for clarifying.

Shame cannot download stored recordings before doing so and then re uploading them after?

Why hasn't VM come up with this?

In other words as part of pre install stored recordings backed up online to VM and then as part of post install imported back?

Still very concerned about loosing Boxed Sets....
Waste of £80 if so
Will not even think about upgrade until this is clarified and guaranteed.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's standard practice with any VM TV box-swap that recordings are not transferable.. content rights restrictions are one reason. Add into that mix that TV360 & TiVo/V6 are completely different software platforms, that's why it's not possible.

If you want clarification on this point before choosing to voluntarily convert, I would suggest you don't convert. It's not compulsory.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

when you say box sets I assume you mean via VM Store?  They will be available to you on 360 also, once you have logged in and on the online portal, even after you leave VM