cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Install

MrGrimm
Joining in

Hello, 

I'm a new customer with an install in April and I got the Gig bundle with the main box and mini. My question is more for the install. 

My outside box has been fitted from a port on the street which contains the fiber. 

I want the router and main box in one living room and the mini box plumbed into another room on the same floor. Do all coax connections have to come from the router and then daisy chained so they go from router to box and then mini or can they enter the property externally from two different locations so the coax isn’t run from room to room over the house internally. 

Many thanks! 

4 REPLIES 4

roy247
Community elder

Depending on the external access to where you want the boxes installed there shouldn't be a problem. You will be able to discuss with the engineer before installation. As you say on the same floor what level are we talking about.

Both are on the ground floor thankfully! 

roy247
Community elder

As long as it's not a mid terrace so the engineer has got access around one of the sides then it should be quite straightforward.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MrGrimm,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and your query! 🙂

As @roy247 correctly advised, your connection locations depend on where the external access points are. You will be able to raise this to the technician when the install is taking place and they will aim to have your services plugged in to the places that are best suited to you.

Please keep us updated on how you get on with your install and if you need any further help going forward.

Thank you. 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs