cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 360 Box Account retrieval error CS1011

AlastairPursey
Tuning in

So it looks like yesterday was a bad day to get out new 360 box.  

We are stuck with the multilingual error all over the screen.

Account retrieval error CS1011

Have been rebooting and leaving as per other posts and info but still the same behaviour today despite text messages coming through advising we have successfully upgraded!  Tried phoning up this morning and got through menu options, the bot ran a test and told me the box was offline and promptly hung up telling me to read my texts!  Grrr. Not happy.  Was actually cancelling when I contacted the other day and the deal they provided was really good so stayed.  Seems we are stuck.

There must be something simple to resolve this.

7 REPLIES 7

thebarfly1972
Joining in
I feel your pain. Got the same on my mini, with CS1012 on the main box, this is after a new customer install.

From the experience yesterday of a 2 hour call and 1 hour today, including an argument about my contract, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

ah yes, I think I have seen one of your threads.  I'm currently on a 1 hour chat attempt at the moment, just got someone connected I think, but they seem to have disappeared again. 😬

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

CS1011 and CS1012 are both account retrieval errors.

It's usually because the VM systems don't recognise the box and need updating by 2nd level support with the box serial numbers to activate the boxes correctly.

This can sometimes be corrected by turning off the box for 5 minutes and trying again, although if that doesn't work and 2nd level can't fix it then  sometimes it needs an engineer to come out and swap the boxes.

You could either try speaking to Faults or new Accounts and set up. That's 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111

If you take the Faults route you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc, ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks, I managed to get through to someone on the phone but all they did was have me restart it again and then just booked an engineer.  There wasn't any referral to anyone else which is annoying if it could have been resolved today.  So looks like it will have to wait until Monday evening.☹️

Any ETA on the fix of this issue as I had VM 360 installed yesterday and it’s still not working, been 24hrs now

Just to let you know, I was in a position where I still had the old box, I plugged that in yesterday and had been using that last night.  Suddenly this morning that went offline so I connected the 360 and it downloaded some files this morning then errored with CS1010 so I rebooted it again and it is now working!!  

I would assume this means that due to the big issue on Thursday that there has been a backlog processing the new 360 registrations (or something like) and they are now catching up.

Pleased it is sorted and ready for the F1 later. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks for the update @AlastairPursey 

Pleased to hear the 360 is all up and running now.

You say that an engineer visit is booked for Monday, it seems like you won't need that now. You could log into My Virgin Media at the top of the page and cancel the appointment, or cancel the visit when you receive an SMS reminder

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali