cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 306 Box Error CS1028

okinaz
Tuning in

Hi

I am a new Virgin customer and have internet + TV.  After setting up the internet without issue I went to setup the main 360 TV box and received the following error

'Download Error CS2018'

'Unable to download the software update'

After speaking with VM support I have an engineer booked in to come out and look, but this isn't for a few days.  Does anyone have suggestions?  The TV box is wired into my VM Hub.

The internet is working without issue.

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi okinaz,

'Download Error CS2018' 'Unable to download the software update' suggests there may not be a working internet connection to the set top box, even if your interent is working without issue.

The 360 box needs an internet connection and coaxial connection.

Check out the Virgin You tube video to see you have set it up correctly. youtube.com/watch?v=2guDtleWt_w 

Fingers crossed that fixes the problem then you can cancel the engineer appointment.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you proven the Ethernet cable & Hub port as working with other equipment?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the response.

I double checked my installation alongside the video and everything seems fine.

Out of curiosity I just did the TV setup again but without ethernet, so forced it to connect to WiFi.  After doing so I see the same error code (CS1028).

Is it possible for the coax input to be an issue even if the Internet (Hub) is working fine?

Good question.  I just tested the same ethernet port with my laptop and it is working fine.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As alluded to earlier in this thread, all VM TV boxes need 2 connections & the 360 is no exception.

1: Co-ax cable connection carrying your live TV channels.

2: Internet connection - via your home-hub - for OnDemand, streaming & various updates.

The 'net connection can be either wired or wireless, I'd be surprised if both connections are faulty but it's not impossible.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

So we now know the Internet/Hub side of things is fine.

Is there a way I prove the coax input is fine?  The coax into the 360 box comes from the same splitter that also outputs to the Virgin Hub, which is working fine, so it seems unlikely to me this would be the issue.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@okinaz wrote:

So we now know the Internet/Hub side of things is fine.

Is there a way I prove the coax input is fine?  The coax into the 360 box comes from the same splitter that also outputs to the Virgin Hub, which is working fine, so it seems unlikely to me this would be the issue.

You mentioned in your opening post that your TV service was fine. Live TV channels are delivered via the co-ax. It's OnDemand & streaming services that use the internet, along with various software & EPG updates.

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, okinaz,

Sorry to hear that you have been having connectivity issues with the service. Have you been able to get things sorted since your post? 

Cheers,

Corey C

Hi all

The Virgin engineer attended and it turns out the TV box was faulty.  The add-on (secondary) box worked fine, and so did a new main TV box which he replaced. It does make me wonder about the QA the boxes go through before sale/dispatch.

Thanks for all the help.