cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix not loading

Will88
Joining in

For the last couple of months Netflix will not load up on my 360 box, logo comes up and red circle like it’s buffering but nothing. Works on every other device and my smart tv just not the box, all other apps work on the box. Tried resetting the box and no joy. Box is connected to internet by Ethernet cable too. Any help? 

8 REPLIES 8

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Will88, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue with Netflix playing on your 360 box. 

Checking things this end, all power levels and signals for your box are fine and nothing is showing untoward. 

As it's only this app, and other apps are working fine, I've raised this with a second team for them to take a look further. 

They will come back to you directly within 5-7 days. 

Please update us on how things go. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for raising. Since my first post it seems other apps are affected now. If I try to open iPlayer my box freezes up and the only way to get back to anything is turning it on/off again. 

hopefully the second team can help! 

thanks 

Hi Will88, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this and letting us know. 

Everything on the box is still looking good which is good news but it does make it harder to pinpoint where this issue is happening and as such, how to resolve it. 

The ticket for the other team is still open but they are experiencing a high volume so we can only apologise for the delay. Please come back to update us once they've been in touch. 

Apologies once again. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Will88
Joining in

Today someone from virgin customer service called me and advised me to uninstall then reinstall the apps on my box. I cannot find an option to do either so I’m still no better off. Any help appreciated 

roy247
Community elder

Sorry but the answer is you can't uninstall and reinstall the apps on the box.

roy247
Community elder

Hi again Will88,

Is it possible they meant try a factory reset if that hasn't been tried.

To factory reset go to Settings > System > Factory Reset.

It's only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset.

You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up, you will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again, also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

Amazing this has fixed it thank you so much! 

Thanks for the update @Will88, and pleased to hear that the words of wisdom from @roy247 have been a huge help!

Do feel free to come back to our Community Forums, if any further issues emerge with the services.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn