cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix app freezing while playing

carni2k5
Dialled in

Every movie or series I start to watch freezes about 3-5 minutes in screen goes blank then when picture comes back it’s frozen I have to click pause for count of 10 then click play it starts again and seems fine for rest of movie or series episode. Anyone know the cause of this or having the same problem?. Never did it on the V6 box. 

68 REPLIES 68

As above - my issue has changed to match what you’re saying. The programme cuts for a brief moment to black, the tv shows the channel (as though you’ve just turned to it - in my case HDMI-1) and then it’ll resume a few moments later. First thing to go is audio, then the black screen. Then back. Very bizarre.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @DutyFish  and @Boothen888 

The screen blackout  generally happens on netflix due to a difference in frame rates.

Go to Settings >Audio & Video > Match frame rate

If it's set to ON then people do see a blackout when the 360 or HDMI reconfigures for the difference in frame rate.

If it's set to the default (Off) then the box just accepts the frame rate difference which isn't noticeable by most users and shouldn't blank the screen out.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave,

Sorry but we are back to repeating again. This was suggested very early on in the thread and had been tried and failed. It was then suggested somewhere near the middle of the thread when the issue changed from pausing to blackout. Again we appreciate the reply but PLEASE check the thread to avoid repeating yourselves.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Boothen888 

I realise both yourself (I actually replied to you earlier on post 46) and DutyFish have been on this thread for a while, so I do and  did check the thread.

I will still post suggested solutions which work for some people on here (as I do in many other threads) which can aid those people that  don't read the thread and instead of trying  any suggested solutions  just tag on to the end of the thread, instead of ideally creating their own thread.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Dave….I’m not sure if this serious any more or if you’re trolling me. Post 47 was me replying to your post (46) thanking you for your advise and stating that I’d tried what you had suggested previously, but I did try it again at that point, and it did not solve the issue.

I’m really sorry….I’m not getting at you, you’re doing your job, I’m honestly at the point where this thread is more frustrating than the problem. Thank you all for your input. I’m happy for the news that it’s been acknowledged as a problem and is hopefully being looked into. It feels like this thread is the office joke….I can’t come up with any other reasonable explanation for the content and replies we’ve been getting.

After going through security questions with an advisor in pms. After confirming that I am me and that everything seems to be fine I was hit with this…..

Hey Boothen888, thank you for confirming this.

Okay I have taken a look at your connection and everything is fine.

Are you using Netflix through your TV box or a smart TV app? 

Are you also getting any error codes? Thanks 

That’s me done. You win. I’m out.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Welcome to my world! 😱

Is there an unsubscribe button for this?! While I appreciate the efforts, just as I’d spotted the dozen or so emails Netflix paused - I kid you not.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@LordNozzle wrote:

Is there an unsubscribe button for this?! While I appreciate the efforts, just as I’d spotted the dozen or so emails Netflix paused - I kid you not.

Hi @LordNozzle 

Go to the top of the page, click on the threads Options and then in the drop down menu click on Unsubscribe

unsubscribeunsubscribe

Dave
The do's and don'ts.