cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix and prime

Tracy04
Joining in

Hi

I have a problem with the sound on Netflix and prime video. It plays the films ok but the voices are all robotic sounding and not normal voices. 

I have rebooted the system but still the same. All other apps seem to work OK, eg YouTube, bbc iplayer etc

Please advise 

8 REPLIES 8

roy247
Community elder

Hi Tracy04,

Have you tried changing the 360 audio setting,

Settings > Audio & Video > Audio output has three options:-

Follow Content
PCM 5.1 (HDMI only)
PCM 2.0

Follow content is the recommended one and if you have Dolby Atmos is the one you need to use.

Hi

I have done this although it was already on follow content.  I have rebooted again. Prime seems to work for now but Netflix is still doing it

roy247
Community elder

I don't use Netflix, but is there an audio settings option in Netflix you can try changing.

If you are just using the TV's speakers you could try looking in your TV's audio menu and maybe change either the HDMI audio format or Audio format to something other then Dolby Digital, switch it to PCM or stereo if you have that option, or check if there is a sound setting like clear speech, sport, music or cinema setting that has been turned on.

I got it working. I changed the audio output from follow content to PCM (HDMI only ). It seems to have worked.  

Thanks for your help 

Actually it hasn't worked. I'll just need to call virgin 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Tracy04, 

Thank you for your post 🙂 

I am so sorry to hear you are having issues with Netflix and Prime, is it just these two apps and do they work okay on other devices?
How are your TV channels?

Zoie

• It's only Netflix that the sound is funny on. I've tried my tv settings and virgin settings. Nothing works. It works fine on other devices

Hi @Tracy04, thanks for your reply - this is very strange it's still happening for you.

Have you got chance to try a different TV that you can connect to your Virgin Set Top Box please, to see if this still happens on an alternative TV?

Additionally, can you try both a different HDMI cable and also a different HDMI port if you have several too?

Many thanks

Tom_W