cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix & Amazon picture juddering

Weebowobble
Joining in

Since we changed to Virgin the picture does regular judders whilst watching Netflix and Amazon prime programs.
can anybody help with the reason for this and how to resolve. It never happened with our previous non cable provider.  
Thank you

17 REPLIES 17

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What device are you watching on? Is this a laptop, tablet or set-top-box? If it's a tablet or phone, are you running Android or iOS?

And if a set-top-box, which one do you have? If you're not sure, check here 

All new installs since a year or so have been to TV360, which is the same box as the V6 but with different software & remote.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi we watch on our LG OLED smart TV. Connected to the virgin box via HDMI cable. 

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

VM's TV box needs a good connection to the hub for streaming, an Ethernet cable is best.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Weebowobble wrote:

Hi we watch on our LG OLED smart TV. Connected to the virgin box via HDMI cable. 

And the other part of my question?... (copied below) You could be talking about using apps on your internet-connected TV, or the VM box - you've not told us...

And if a set-top-box, which one do you have? If you're not sure, check here 

All new installs since a year or so have been to TV360, which is the same box as the V6 but with different software & remote. We only have the info that you post on here, to help us advise.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Our LG OLED smart tv is connected to the virgin hub via Ethernet cable. 
The virgin box which was installed 3 months ago (so I assume is a tv360) is connected to the tv via an hdmi lead. Hope that can helps people to help us please. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've moved your posts to the TV360 board which are more likely to get replies.

Do other internet-based functions on your 360 box have the same problem? Say, iPlayer & YouTube as other streaming apps. How about OnDemand programmes accessed directly from your 360 menus/TV guide?

This will help ID if the issue is connectivity-related, or specific to those apps that you've mentioned.

You could try changing the Settings, Audio & Video, Match frame rate, default is set to on try setting it to off. It depends on if you are watching US or UK made programmes

Hi @Weebowobble

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with Netflix or Amazon on our set top box. I have check our systems and can't see anything on your broadband that might be causing this. Do you have the same picture issue on Live TV or other streaming sites on our set top box? Does running the app through your smart TV rather than through the set top box also have the  same picture issue? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi

i am going to check this out more over the weekend and let you know. 
thank you

Nikki