cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix always pausing on the N logo

oxfordmark
Superfast

Hi

Whenever I start a Netflix episode and the N logo appears, it pauses and I have to press the pause then play button.

Anyone else?

26 REPLIES 26

Hi @robigouk
Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having similar issues with your Netflix.

We can understand this is not ideal and we want to best help. Just to confirm, how long has this been ongoing for? Does this issue occur on other apps? Have you also tried to reboot your TV box to see if the issue persists https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-restart-or-reset-your-box#tab2?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

since day one of getting the 360 box, reset and rebooted several times since I got it 

other apps are absolutely fine

Hey there @TwistedNerve, thanks for reaching out to us.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue with Netflix.
May I ask if this happens when you go to the Netflix channel or just the app itself or is it both?

Let us know.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

I've only ever used the channel

just tried the app and it just opens the same thing... the app and the channel are both the same, no?

Hey there @TwistedNerve, thanks for reaching out to us.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with Netflix.
May I ask if you're able to sign out of Netflix and sign back in to see if the issue still occurs?
Does this happen on any other devices connected to our network?

Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

log out / in, still affected, yes - no other device impacted 

Hi TwistedNerve, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

e can only apologise for the inconvenience caused by this. As this is only happening on Netflix on this device, and it's not affecting any other apps, it's proving difficult to find where the fault lays. 

At this point, the best thing I can advise is to do a reset on your 360. You are offered two choices when resetting. Just follow these steps first: Settings > System> Factory Reset >

• First option - Keep recordings - Select this one as this is not a complete factory reset so you won't lose your recordings, however you will need to sign into apps such as  Netflix, Prime, iPlayer and ITV Hub again.
  • Second Option - Format disk ( selecting this one will delete everything including recordings,  planned recordings and profiles)

Selecting the first option should be sufficient enough. Give it a try and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

I have the exact same issue on both my 360 and mini box.

Re-setting the boxes doesn't make any difference.

no difference after reset too