cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix always pausing on the N logo

oxfordmark
Superfast

Hi

Whenever I start a Netflix episode and the N logo appears, it pauses and I have to press the pause then play button.

Anyone else?

26 REPLIES 26

VM-Alex
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi oxfordmark,

That is a bit of an odd one. 

Just to confirm this is on a TV360 box? Is the internet to the box connected via ethernet or WiFi? 

Is the box connected to the TV with a virgin supplied HDMI cable? 

Sounds unusual but I would try it on different HDMI ports on the TV (1,2 AND 3) to see if it changes. 

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Hello

Yes, a 360 box connected via Ethernet.

It's with another high speed HDMI, everything else is fine, just Netflix.

I will try other HDMi but i use ARC.

archercj
Fibre optic

I've had this RECENTLY as well. I also get an orange N and not the normal red one. Maybe, but can't prove it, coincided with the latest firmware update for the box?

VM-Alex
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

It's only a hunch but it sounds like a slight delay to the HDMI anti copyright handshake. Using arc does slightly increase the chances of that as there are more devices gettings their credentials in order to proceed with a stream. 

Try connecting direct to the TV to see if it changes anything and also the different ports as mentioned. 

Try watching something on ITV catch up and see if you get a similar issue. 

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

A reasonable hunch BUT in my case I can experience it on either box.

One box (ethernet connected by the way) connects directly to the TV from the Virgin box via a (decent) HDMI cable.

The second setup is slightly different as it passes through an amp via HDMI (them HDMI/ARC) to the TV.

Another thing I have noticed is when starting a program on Netflix after a few seconds of playback the screens goes black (for about 1 second) then playback continues normally without a hitch. This happens on both boxes as well.

If you've got the match frame rate selected in the box's settings try turning it off.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @archercj,

I am sorry for any issues with your Netflix.

Has this stopped happening now? Does it work on any other devices?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

same here, every single time... select TV show etc., press play, it stops, have to press OK and play - v360 box

Same here