cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix Now Included?

daveoc
Up to speed

Reported on another forum that from today customers on the top Volt package have Netflix standard included.

The info does not make it clear if existing Volt customers get this or, as happened when UHD came along, only new customers.

Can someone from Virgin please check and advise.

Thanks

89 REPLIES 89

I've had the Ultimate Volt Bundle for a few months now and I've manged to sort this today. 

I was informed all UV customers are able to access Netflix as part of the package.

Go to the My Virgin Media app and you will see a new option "Streaming Services", select this option and it will tell you if you are eligible for Netflix. 

If you are eligible it's just a case of following the instructions to sign up, really easy.

Like I said I've had my UV Bundle for a few months and I was able to sort this.

Good luck everyone.

mine says eligible on the ultimate oomph but i cant go any further than that   

OK, so I'm an existing Ultimate Oomph customer, checking the MyVirginMedia app for streaming services shows Netflix as "Included in your bundle" (with a renewal date of today), so how do I actually access it? Should I receive an e-mail or something?

I currently have a separate Netflix subscription but obviously will go ahead an cancel that if I can get it for free! 

We need benmcr to sort it out he’s usually on the ball 

Well for those of you who have managed to get Netflix added so far, well done. Do not know how you have managed it? After another 1.5 hrs on the phone this morning with retentions and then passed onto faults by retentions I am now awaiting another call back. It would seem that the systems will not let them add Netflix onto existing bundles. Virgin seems to have announced an upgrade to certain packages but not updated their systems to deal with it.

It’s vm all over they launch a WiFi 6 router 6 months later only unicorns can get hold of it ,now Netflix shows active but oh they’ve messed that up too jeez

Something I have just noticed..
In my account - billing - upcoming charges - one off costs
Dated 21/3 Netflix add to bill OTC D £0.00

This is dated before I got it added / got new contract !

So is it being done automatically for all Ultimate Volt customers ?

All very confusing so far . I was only able to activate Netflix by accepting the payment option to be billed £10.99 by Virgin. It is up and running now but not convinced about charges , spent several hours on whatsapp to be assured I will not be billed the £10.99 - guess I will now have to wait until next month to see what happens , so far it does not show as an upcoming charge!

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So as my name was mentioned earlier thought I'd come back on this. To the best of my knowledge there are two Netflix options that now exist for Virgin Media:

1. Add a full charged Netflix plan onto your Virgin Media bill
2. Get a bundle that includes Netflix

All customers can do 1 i.e. add a full priced Netflix plan (of any of the three Netflix plans) onto their Virgin Media bill. This can either be done through My Virgin Media or through the Netflix app where there isn't already have an active subscription for the username chosen - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/virgin-media-billing-with-netflix

For 2 it's the Ultimate Volt and the Biggest bundle sold from Monday onwards which have Netflix included as part of the contracted bundle. For existing customers with Ultimate Volt before Monday this should involve a new contract to the updated version - I'm not aware that this option is being added to bundles taken before Monday.

Where customer have option 1, there will be a specific charge shown each month on the bill for the Netflix plan. Where customers have option 2, Netflix standard will show as an inclusive personal pick with any upgrade to Netflix Premium shown separately.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Thanks Benmcr,

I have noticed that a new contract has been taken for a further 18 months which I wasn't informed about at all. However, as it is on the exact same terms I have now I am actually not to bothered.

I currently pay £63 to VM and £25 to O2 for the Ultimate Volt Bundle, I personally think I get exceptional value from VM.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @daveoc

Thank you for making this post regarding the inclusion of Netflix on the top Volt package. Just to confirm: all customers can add Netflix, and as @BenMcr stated - the bundle that includes Netflix will be available from Monday 28th March. Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Serena