cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix Now Included?

daveoc
Up to speed

Reported on another forum that from today customers on the top Volt package have Netflix standard included.

The info does not make it clear if existing Volt customers get this or, as happened when UHD came along, only new customers.

Can someone from Virgin please check and advise.

Thanks

89 REPLIES 89

Hi. Does that include ultimate oomph customers who are still on this package?

thanks

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Cawsie wrote:

thanks

No. Netflix inclusive bundles are the Ultimate Volt and Biggest bundles which went on sale on the 21st March. All other bundles don't include Netflix.

However customers on all other bundles can add full priced Netflix to their Virgin Media bill if they find a single payment convenient.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

roy247
Community elder

@BenMcr wrote:

@Cawsie wrote:

thanks

No. Netflix inclusive bundles are the Ultimate Volt and Biggest bundles which went on sale on the 21st March. All other bundles don't include Netflix.

However customers on all other bundles can add full priced Netflix to their Virgin Mendia bill if they find a single payment convenient.

Hi BenMcr,

So if you are on a Ultimate Oomph contract which should be (prices quoted here are just for example purposes), £130 and you are on a discounted price of £100, can you just be updated to a Ultimate Volt bundle keeping any discounts and get Netflix or is it a case of who you speak to?

@roy247 wrote:

@BenMcr wrote:

@Cawsie wrote:

thanks

However customers on all other bundles can add full priced Netflix to their Virgin Mendia bill if they find a single payment convenient.

Hi BenMcr,

So if you are on a Ultimate Oomph contract which should be (prices quoted here are just for example purposes), £130 and you are on a discounted price of £100, can you just be updated to a Ultimate Volt bundle keeping any discounts and get Netflix or is it a case of who you speak to?

You can but don’t except it for the same price or keep your discounts

when I rang last week vm are being sly now with the ultimate volt pricing, he kept saying to me yeah £89, I pay £84.99 so thought a fiver not too bad but they are splitting the pricing up so he wanted another £25 on top for the sim

and the same when I rang again then it was £110 plus £25 so be careful ,I have sent a complaint to the executive team office as i usually get a happy ending there as it’s all documented on whatsapp 

Hello @Tavis75,

Would we be able to have a screenshot of what you're seeing please? Please ensure to remove any personal information, or alternatively, feel free to PM me directly with the screenshot.

I will then pass it on to the team for further investigation.

Many thanks,
Dan_M

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Treble 1, Sorry to hear of your package change issues. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. 

As you are already in communications with our CEO team regarding your complaint I will leave you in their capable hands to avoid any confusion. Please do return to us with an update once things are resolved, or if you require further support! 

All the best. 

Molly

@Molly_T wrote:

Hi Treble 1, Sorry to hear of your package change issues. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. 

As you are already in communications with our CEO team regarding your complaint I will leave you in their capable hands to avoid any confusion. Please do return to us with an update once things are resolved, or if you require further support! 

All the best. 

They are still at it when on WhatsApp today ceo team have yet to reply but they do  usually take a while 

3CB42B20-7A24-43B4-825F-0C7E69649E81.jpeg

@roy247 I have the Ooomph package with a £10 discount that runs until Oct 22. I contacted Virgin yesterday to enquire about moving to Volt (one reason being the reception where I am for the Vodafone SIM - EE was perfect by the way - is appalling so I wanted to take a chance on O2) and was told it would cost me £19 more than my current (discounted) price. They also could not offer me Gig1, which I currently have, but 600mb as they say there is high demand for Gig1. Daft really.

Given the price increase of £19 and the fact I can get Netflix direct and not pay the same as the price increase, plus the speed issue, I decided not to move to the Volt.

Just an update on the @Roy247.

I decided to ring up today (used saynoto0845 so I wasn't paying 0345 rates). Got through straight away and spoke to a nice chap. Ended up deciding to move to the Volt and it is costing me £9pm more for the same package (I hope!) plus Netflix (I hope lol). Moving is a gamble - only doing it because I hope the O2 4G signal is better in my area than the Vodafone one

Seeing posts on here that the Netflix service for existing oomph customers migrating over isnt as straight forward as it should be (we will see).

Also my O2 order (it is now separate from the Virgin bill) says 250GB. So we will see there as it should be unlimited data.

One day things will just transfer smoothly. LOL. One day

@archercj wrote:

Just an update on the @Roy247.

I decided to ring up today (used saynoto0845 so I wasn't paying 0345 rates). Got through straight away and spoke to a nice chap. Ended up deciding to move to the Volt and it is costing me £9pm more for the same package (I hope!) plus Netflix (I hope lol). Moving is a gamble - only doing it because I hope the O2 4G signal is better in my area than the Vodafone one

Seeing posts on here that the Netflix service for existing oomph customers migrating over isnt as straight forward as it should be (we will see).

Also my O2 order (it is now separate from the Virgin bill) says 250GB. So we will see there as it should be unlimited data.

One day things will just transfer smoothly. LOL. One day

So how much in total and I presume now it’s 1gb ?