cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetFlix random drop outs

arnie_oli
Up to speed

We have recently started to get the odd pause with a black screen shortly into the start of a show when started on Netflix, it then plays perfectly normally. 

We are connected wireless but bandwidth and connection speed is very good. All other streaming services work just fine. 

Anyone else had the same issue at all?

70 REPLIES 70

Anonymous
Not applicable

...and yes, multiple reeboots to try and rectify the issue.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning  @arnie_oli & @jonesy21

Thank you for coming back to us. 

I would just like to confirm a few things as myself & a few other colleagues have been unable to replicate this issue. 

• I know it sounds simple but does logging out of Netflix & back in make any difference?
  • When you are watching the programs is the black screen coming after the program has started? 
  • Are the issues happening on any other devices? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi, OK so I have just reloaded Netflix through the App on Virgin media with the 360 box connected to our 42" Panasonic TV - still cuts out (the screen goes completely black after about a minute for about 6 seconds). I then signed out of the Netflix App and disconnected the power to the 360 box for 20 seconds. I then restarted the 360 box and signed back into the App and trying the same program (Big Bang Theory) it still went black at the same time and for the same amount of time.

I then started up the Apple TV device connected to the same television and selected the Netflix App on that and again tried the same program (Big Bang Theory) no problem the program plays without cutting out.

I then tried the App on the Panasonic TV and again, no problem.

My 360 Box is connected via an ethernet cable to a Netgear Powerline 1000 (supplied by Virgin media) the Hub 3 is the other side of the wall also with an ethnic cable connected to the other Netgear Powerline 1000 device. I have a feed of about 100MBs from Virgin Media.

I can provide further details about the Netflix App if required... ESN, Software Version, Netflix Version, Platform Version, Device Model Liberty-Global DCX960, UI Build etc etc.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

oops. sp. ethnic should read electric cable sorry!!

I can film it and post it if that helps? Same every time when starting a programme on Netflix.

Everything else attached works just fine as expected. chromecast. DVD etc. 

Hiya, thanks for the reply.

I have just checked the status on my Hub 3 and it is only the VirginTV connected to the Ethernet, all other devices (15) are connected via wireless and a mixture of 2.4GHz and 5GHz

Are you suggesting we should run the 360 on Wi-fi?

can this thread be added to the other that is running?

Same issues.....

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have exactly the same issue. Not sure why it's being described as a random drop out, mine are pretty consistent.

The drop out isn't random it always happens a few seconds into a show. To stress that's every show. Press play the show starts, plays a few seconds, then complete blackout, then show comes back and carries on.

I also have netflix on my Sony smart TV and via a Roku stick - no issues with those playback methods, just 360.

I rebooted many times, mostly to fix the audio sync issue, but that's another story !!!!

I have the same issue, always a few seconds into the show.

Thanks for confirming stevemorgan,

So I can take a closer look at this I'll need a few more details from you, I've popped you over a private message for this.

Alex_Rm