cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetFlix random drop outs

arnie_oli
Up to speed

We have recently started to get the odd pause with a black screen shortly into the start of a show when started on Netflix, it then plays perfectly normally. 

We are connected wireless but bandwidth and connection speed is very good. All other streaming services work just fine. 

Anyone else had the same issue at all?

70 REPLIES 70

Any news on this yet..... ps.my 360 is connected to Ethernet

yup, still happening on our 360 box to....see other thread started a while ago.

Have tried rebooting a few times and had a look on the setting for the hub, it says mine is connected to Ethernet

Also interested in any updates. 

Thanks for confirming stevemorgan,

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details, just want to go through a few diagnostics. 

Can you confirm for me what colour the light is on the front of the box?

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex

The light on the box is white when it’s on which is most of the time and red when off which is mostly on second box.

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for coming back to us @jonsey21. 

Have you performed a re boot on the box recently? If not, could you please do and advise if the issue persists once doing so.

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Yup quite a few actually. Still get the random black screen for a few seconds when selecting shows. 

Happened just now actually when starting a DS9 episode. 

Don’t want to sound um well ungrateful, but that’s the technical equivalent of a response equivalent to “have you turned it off and on again” once every month in what could appear as a padding tactic on a support forum. 

There’s clearly a reason the box drops to a black screen for a few seconds, I couldn’t tell if it is a bug, HDMI security check or otherwise. I would suggest whomever wrote the code would know why at a certain point it does this basically on demand. 

Thanks for getting back to us :@stevemorgan

I am guessing you've already tried taking the hub back to factory settings?  You should be able to do this without losing any recordings.

Regards

Lee

Cheers Lee

It is a pretty new box and the issue has been there on my previous box which was replaced due to hard drive failure.

The original thread that I replied to has shown that this is a universal issue rather than being specific to my 360 box. 

All other apps and streams are totally fine as is Netflix on all my other devices. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have exactly the same issue. Not sure why it's being described as a random drop out, mine are pretty consistent.

The drop out isn't random it always happens a few seconds into a show. To stress that's every show. Press play the show starts, plays a few seconds, then complete blackout, then show comes back and carries on.

I also have netflix on my Sony smart TV and via a Roku stick - no issues with those playback methods, just 360.