cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetFlix random drop outs

arnie_oli
Dialled in

We have recently started to get the odd pause with a black screen shortly into the start of a show when started on Netflix, it then plays perfectly normally. 

We are connected wireless but bandwidth and connection speed is very good. All other streaming services work just fine. 

Anyone else had the same issue at all?

70 REPLIES 70

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. 

we are using the Virgin 360 box nothing else attached HDMI straight to tele. 

App version  76-2021091

Build version 4.35

Humax EOS1008R-V001

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the details @jonesy21

Are the drop outs ocurring on every show you watch, or just certain ones? If it's only happening on select shows, which shows is this happening on?

Kind regards,

Serena

Hi,

Definitely Kim’s Convenience and Big Bang Theory, I’ll check others out and get back here later. 

In reply to @Serena_C and other Forum Team members that seem to occasionally look at this thread, comment, then go off somewhere else!

As a previous poster had mentioned, they are not random drop-outs, they happen all the time on some programs, generally TV series as opposed to films. Also again as a previous poster mentioned "From what I can see this happens on shows (not Netflix originals) that originate from USA TV networks. UK shows seem to work as they should." So I have gone over a few more this morning, it happens on Glee, Young Sheldon, Modern Family, How to get away with Murder, Brooklyn nine nine...... which does show that the previous poster is correct. However I did notice that Netflix original programs tend to drop out for about a second and a half within a few seconds of starting. Whereas previous mentioned programs drop out for about 2 seconds anytime between 10 seconds and one and a half minutes.

As I had mentioned earlier this has only been happening within the last few months. There was an earlier issue which went on for months and was eventually sorted when again Netflix programs through the 360 box were finishing early, by about a minute and a half! I wonder whether that fix has created the new problem - opposite ends of the programs?? back then it was Build version 4.1 we are now up to 4.35

ps. this only occurs with the Virgin Media 360 box, the App on the Smart TV is fine as is an Apple TV connected to a TV also the Netflix App on and iPad and iPhone have no issues.

Finally, just to confirm, I have tried powering off the box for a while and restarting several times - as per suggested by various Forum team members, the 360 box is wired through an Ethernet cable, there is nothing else connected to the TV, just the 360 box connected with the High Speed with Ethernet HDMI cable that came with the box.

Does that cover it?

Thanks for clarifying jonesy21

We will check with our team to see if there's any known issues that may be causing your issues.

Regards

Lee

Thank you, look forward to a fix for this issue.

I will happily film it and share a YouTube link if that helps?

If you have a video of the issue @arnie_oli, we'd be happy to take a look 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

Sent to you in a PM. Hope it explains it all. 

Any news on a fix yet??