cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetFlix random drop outs

arnie_oli
Up to speed

We have recently started to get the odd pause with a black screen shortly into the start of a show when started on Netflix, it then plays perfectly normally. 

We are connected wireless but bandwidth and connection speed is very good. All other streaming services work just fine. 

Anyone else had the same issue at all?

70 REPLIES 70

Thank you for sending your details over stevemorgan,

There's an engineer arranged for this now, you can view the time and date of your appointment via your online account here

Alex_Rm

Dazza124
Dialled in

Hi,

I would also like to confirm the Netflix "drop out" when using the Netflix app on TV360. For me the app loads ok then I play a program I get a black screen for a few seconds (audio is sometimes still there) then it plays ok after the drop out. This happens every time Netflix is opened.

This doesn't happen with BBC iPlayer or Amazon or any other app I use.

FYI

I have done soft and hard reboots and I'm connected to my Hub via Ethernet.

From what I can see this happens on shows (not Netflix originals) that originate from USA TV networks.

UK shows seem to work as they should.

This Netflix 'random drop out' issue is a recent problem....it didn't use to happen. so somebody has been tinkering under the bonnet recently and upset something!!

Good Morning @arnie_oil, can you confirm if this issue is still on going? 

If so, have you been able to record the issue to post to us as you advised in your most recent post?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I can't believe this isn't happening to everyone! we have been getting the black out for ages now.... a minute after the Netflix program starts it cuts out for about 6 seconds, not long, but enough to be annoying. Current programs it happens on - every time  - are The Big Bang Theory and Kim's Convenience

Yup. Exactly as described. 

Still no fix yet....or answer!!

(I'll keep commenting on this to bring it to the top, maybe it will get noticed by someone at Virgin that can replicate and fix?)

Are you sure it’s still happening. Have you rebooted your box?

(This was a joke)

I'm sorry for the trouble you've having with this jonesy21,

Can you confirm which box you're using and whether you use any sound bar or other surround sound equipment:?

Alex_Rm