cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetFlix random drop outs

arnie_oli
Up to speed

We have recently started to get the odd pause with a black screen shortly into the start of a show when started on Netflix, it then plays perfectly normally. 

We are connected wireless but bandwidth and connection speed is very good. All other streaming services work just fine. 

Anyone else had the same issue at all?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Pattersonn
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

@arnie_oli - Thanks for the update. Could you check the setting value for 'Match Frame rate' in Settings - Audio & Video? Is it 'Off' now? If you switch it to 'On' does the issue reappear?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

70 REPLIES 70

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums. arnie_oli,

Is this the app within our of our boxes or are you using Netflix from a mobile device?

Cheers,

Corey C

This is the app within the 360. 

stevemorgan
Superfast

I have this issue on Netflix on the 360 as well.

I never have this issue on my other devices for Netflix 

Thanks for coming back to us @arnie_oli.

Are you still having issues with Netflix on your 360 box, have you tried a reboot of the box from the wall socket since the issues started?

Regards,

Steven_L

jonesy21
Up to speed
Exactly the same here.... we used to have the problem at the end of a program finishing early (which was fixed eventually) but now we too get the odd pause at the start, only for 30 seconds but enough to make us have to rewind. ditto. 360 box, using the App to get Netflix and only on Netflix.... and please don't tell us its Netflix, it wasn't last time!

We have rebooted the 360. Still have the issue. No wifi issues and NetFlix works well on all other devices without issue as does Prime. 

Hi @stevemorgan,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on our forums.

Have you tried to reboot your TV box and broadband hub, since the issues started? 

Are you getting any error messages on your TV, when the issues happen?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven

I was confirming what the original poster had said that this is happening on my box as well as theirs but their post seems to have been deleted.

I doubt a reboot would sort it, as it is a glitch just as the programme starts probably something to do with buffering.

Doesnt happen on any other app.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@stevemorgan wrote:

I was confirming what the original poster had said that this is happening on my box as well as theirs but their post seems to have been deleted.

Looks like you might have added to a existing thread and your post has been moved to a new one.

What're the issues you're having?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks