cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My5 black screen aaargh

PrincessSalem
Tuning in

So for the third night in a row, watch 2/3 episodes of a show on my5, the box stops acknowledging all button presses except home and the screen is now black when trying to load the app.

Connection is high

Signal quality is good

If it helps, my software was updated today?

9 REPLIES 9

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @PrincessSalem,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear that you seem to be having some problems with watching content via My5 recently. What model of TV box do you have? Have you noticed if any other On Demand apps or other TV content is having some issues?

If you haven't done so already, can you also try performing a hard reboot of the TV box? To do this, unplug the TV box via the mains whilst it's still powered on. Leave it unplugged for at least 30 seconds, and then plug it back in and allow it a few minutes to boot back up again.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi,

it’s a v6 box, and I’ve only tried my5 if I’m honest. 

I have an engineer coming today, I did the online testing after I got an error saying that I needed to increase my subscription to include my5 and then that it couldn’t read my smartcard 🤯🤯

The testing said it couldn’t reach my box, so I’m guessing there’s a bigger problem.

thank you though, I’ll let you know if it’s fixed  😊

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@PrincessSalem wrote:

it’s a v6 box, and I’ve only tried my5 if I’m honest. 

@PrincessSalem  You've posted in the section of the forum for TV360 users.

Just for clarity, do you have "a V6 running 360" (which is not a V6 but a 360).... or do you genuinely have a V6? This page has photos of the 2 boxes & remotes.

A V6 will have the TiVo logo next to the video preview screen in the top-right corner of your menu, a 360 won't.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

No…I have a 360, I’m just an idiot 🤦‍♀️

Hey PrincessSalem,

How did your engineer visit go? Were they able to get the issue resolved for you?

Please do let us know if you need any further help 🙂

Beth

PrincessSalem
Tuning in

For the third time this month I’m looking at a blank recordings screen.

I’ve restarted the router and tv box because I couldn’t get anything to play earlier, boom - come back to nothing…again!!

This can’t be right? 
If it can’t handle the recordings (50% full) then what am I paying for??

If the 360 is deleting your recordings it's a sign that the box is faulty, especially if it's done it more than once. You can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, or wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

You can also try a factory reset of the 360, as you haven't got any recordings you might as well go for the format disk option and if or 'when' the box deletes everything again then phone Virgin.

Hi,

I think a new box is next on the cards, I did the reset the last time it did it, thinking it was a bug or something but between that and the router, I’m really considering a supplier move.

Thanks so much for the advice! I’m busy for the next day or so, so let’s see if they get in contact before I manage to contact them!

Hello PrincessSalem

Sorry to hear of the TV Service issues with your 360 box and recording, we appreciate you raising this via the forums.

We're eager to get this looked into further for you and I will send you a Private Message to get some more details. look forward to hearing back form you.

Rob