cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My voice command has stopped working

Alishaianson
Joining in

I have upgraded my services from just WiFi to tv package. It said I will get 500mb it’s not even reaching 250mb. So that’s the first problem. 
 Secondly I am getting lots of different messages popping up on the screen. Then they go off I have this all on photo evidence. 
thirdly the tv constantly buffering the WiFi is completely shocking. You either have to be sitting right next to the internet box for some what decent WiFi. 

Lastly the voice command has now stopped working. I have had this 7 days and on day 5 the voice command broke. 
it’s took me off my Netflix on the tv.

im paying £60/£70 on something that hardly works and not even get the internet. 

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Alishaianson 

It would be useful to know what the CS error messages are so we can try and help going forward.

It may be that the voice control isn't working when the internet connection is down.

What does the network diagnostics say when you click on Home > Settings (cog wheel at the far right) > Network > Diagnostics (you need to press down on the remote when the screen comes up as the info is spread over 2 screens)

Which lights are showing on the front of the 360 when the voice remote doesn't work?

Are you measuring your internet speeds via ethernet or wireless?

Is the TV buffering on live programs (if so which channels and are they HD or SD) or is it on catch up or apps?

If it's catch up or apps, which ones are affected?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Alishaianson
Joining in

Hi

its on anything if I watch Netflix, or put kids programmes on.

it does not come up with a message it’s like it’s listening but don’t hear what I’m saying, like if I hold the button and say Netflix it won’t come up.

Shane6
Joining in

@Alishaianson wrote:

I have upgraded my services from just WiFi to tv package. It said I will get 500mb it’s not even reaching 250mb. So that’s the first problem. 
 Secondly I am getting lots of different messages popping up on the screen. Then they go off I have this all on photo evidence. 
thirdly the tv constantly buffering the WiFi is completely shocking. You either have to be sitting right next to the internet box for some what decent WiFi. 

Lastly the voice command has now stopped working. I have had this 7 days and on day 5 the voice command broke. 
it’s took me off my Netflix on the tv.   MyMileStoneCard

im paying £60/£70 on something that hardly works and not even get the internet. 

It's only an issue with BBC1 SD and BBC1 HD and has been picked up by VM so hopefully it will soon be rectified.

I am currently using the voice command either "go to 101 or go to 108" or "switch to 101 or switch to 108"

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Alishaianson

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

How are you getting on with this today?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

My voice search has just stopped working “content unavailable ,, code CS8400 “

It has been used several times today without any problems

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Mike_Nottm 

Have you tried changing batteries?

If that doesn't work then try rebooting your 360 and/or hub.

I would also, check the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more localised issues down to postcode level.

Otherwise as per tv-error-codes/cs8400  contact VM.

A member for the forum team may pick this up in a day or two, but if you want a quicker repsonse then contact faults - 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Problem solved.    Voice search didn’t like the words “Last Night in Soho”. (Try it yourself) … other Film Title searches seem to work fine

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Mike_Nottm 

I tested the voice search for Last Night in Soho, I was half expecting the search result to send me to Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Titch on youtube 🤣

but it gave me the same error message as  yourself CS8400, and fond the movie when I typed it in

I've seen the movie before and enjoyed it.

I decided to do a voice search, "movies with Matt Smith" and that brought it up🤠

Dave
The do's and don'ts.