cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My tv lags

Lijaan
Joining in

When watching tv on any channel the sound doesn’t match the persons speech. It’s like watching a foreign movie. Can anyone help? I called virgin and the did something and it helped for a few hours the. went back to lagging. I have turned it on and off etc still the same. It’s never normal. 

3 REPLIES 3

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First try changing the Dolby Audio setting to Always convert.

Home > Settings > AUDIO & VIDEO > Dolby Audio

Failing that, try playing with the Audio delay setting.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Lijaan, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the audio on your box, I appreciate this must be quite frustrating. 

I just wanted to check and see how things are since your last post. Have you been able to try the suggestion from Ernie_C?

Let us know 🙂 

Nat

jk1990
Dialled in

I just got virginmedia installed here. I lived in the USA for many years and Comcast / xfinity also has this issue on many TV sets. The fix, confirmed to work here also is to change audio output to PCM. It then brings audio and video as one and can’t get confused. This assumes you are using built in tv speakers. It must be something with the cable network as it’s also the same in the US.