cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My channels that I watch have been removed

Roboxyz
Tuning in

Fox channel has been take off my watch list, we are due to watch the last series of walking dead in September but virgin will no longer have this.

press reports also claim that Dave, Gold, Alibi, Yesterday, and other channels will be removed in late July due the a payment issue.

these are the channels that I often use, this to me is a huge chunk of quality viewing lost, will I get a huge reduction in my bill??.also considering it has just been increased this year.

11 REPLIES 11

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your bill will stay the same as per your contract Ts&Cs.

Have you a source for your assertion that Virgin Media are not paying their bills or ….

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

cje85
Trouble shooter

@Roboxyz wrote:

Fox channel has been take off my watch list, we are due to watch the last series of walking dead in September but virgin will no longer have this.

press reports also claim that Dave, Gold, Alibi, Yesterday, and other channels will be removed in late July due the a payment issue.

these are the channels that I often use, this to me is a huge chunk of quality viewing lost, will I get a huge reduction in my bill??.also considering it has just been increased this year.

Fox has closed down on all platforms.

As for UKTV (Dave, Gold, Yesterday etc) are you sure you haven't read something from July 2018? Those channels were removed from Virgin for a few weeks back then but there is no indication that it will happen again.

There's a lot of fraud from virgin pal.  They lie and mis sell,  overcharge and whe u say anything you get blocked.  Don't worry its a easy fix. Watch it on prime its only £26.99.    

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Roboxyz,

Are you sure you aren't getting mixed up about Dave, Gold, Alibi and Yesterday being removed from VM in late July?

There was a dispute in 2018 when the channels were removed from Sunday 22nd July for a period  -   dave-gold-w-alibi-uktv-channels-removed-virgin-tv/ 

The Fox channel was also withdrawn from Sky by the owner Disney.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

roy247
Community elder

@Roboxyz wrote:

Regarding Fox it's not Virgin's fault that Fox UK is closing, it was / is owned by Disney and will just move programmes to Disney + and Star, so you will have to subscribe to continue watching if the programmes you are going to miss move there.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A lot of the programming from Fox will be appearing on Disney+/Star.

I currently pay £5.99 a month for the app, however Disney upped the price for new customers to £7.99 a month. My subscription with them increases to £7.99 a month from 2nd September

Disney+ will be the destination for new shows each week, including the newest seasons of “War Of The Worlds”, “American Dad”, and “The Walking Dead”.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Roboxyz

Thanks for your post 

Sorry to hear to you are unhappy about the loss

Just so you know 

Disney has confirmed it will be closing the Fox channel in the UK on 30 June. Our customers can still enjoy a diverse range of hit TV shows across a range of channels and box sets on demand

Gareth_L

martinianpaul
Superfast

Fox channel closed at the end of June. 

Time to review my Virgin utilities.

I now have Virgin Money Bank, Virgin Media, and Virgin Mobile.

The Bank for now is OK, my two mobile phones will not work inside my house No 3G, 4G only 1 bar on 2G if we are lucky.

Regarding my TV there seems to be very little extra compared to Freeview, the channels are just a repeat of +1 and HD, the bulk of the extra channels are not very high quality regarding content. I have a Netflix subscription and this gets around 25% of my viewing. I have a second TV that is not connected to my Virgin hub as it has no extension options and the signal on this TV is Freeview 40%, the other 35% is Virgin, the only benefit with VM is the recording options. This costs me £77 pm.

Both TV,s are smart TVs what I do not understand is why the picture and sound quality on Freeview is superior to VM.

I do expect better