cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My V6 TV box keeps resetting every few days, how can i stop this?

W_eds
Joining in

I have a V6 TV box which has recently been updated to the new software. It now uses a new remote, we leave it in standby mode when not in use but twice in the last week when we go to turn it on, the box goes into a reset mode with the welcome screen and requires a full power down to break the cycle. Is there a way of avoiding this?

4 REPLIES 4

Portery
Fibre optic

You will need a tech to come out and possible replace box some of the older v6 boxes don’t migrate over to tv360 they may be able to fix remotely butt majority of the time it’s a tech 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @W_eds 

You've posted in the V6 forum, but mention that the box has been updated to new software and that you have a new remote.

In other words you now have a TV360 box which runs on the Horizon software. I've therefore moved your thread to the 360 forum.

You should try factory resetting the 360 box.

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset. It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up. You will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again. Also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

roy247
Community elder

Hi W_eds,

If the factory reset doesn't work you will need to call Virgin, 150 from your Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello W_eds.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with the box resetting its self
I'd like to take a look into this for you and arrange a swap.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L