cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 5 app

JML36
Tuning in

Good afternoon my name is Jason leach and this is not a complaint and I am very happy with my virgin media services and I have recently joined virgin media. I happened to notice that the my 5 app is very low quality resolution compared to the my 5 app on my smart TV and I have also noticed it on just a few of the free channels comparing them to my free channels on my sony tv and was just  hopefully wondering if there was a quick fix.

Many thanks for your time

Jason leach. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI JML36

Thanks for your question 

Can I just conform you have the right Picture settings on the TV 

Can you please check here 

Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI JML36

Thanks for your question 

Can I just conform you have the right Picture settings on the TV 

Can you please check here 

Gareth_L

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JML36 wrote:

Good afternoon my name is Jason leach and this is not a complaint and I am very happy with my virgin media services and I have recently joined virgin media. I happened to notice that the my 5 app is very low quality resolution compared to the my 5 app on my smart TV and I have also noticed it on just a few of the free channels comparing them to my free channels on my sony tv and was just  hopefully wondering if there was a quick fix.

Many thanks for your time

Jason leach. 

Content in the My5 app is in SD only on Virgin Media at the moment. Only Samsung TVs have it in HD.

https://help.channel5.com/hc/en-gb/articles/200826431-Can-I-watch-HD-content-on-My5-

To watch content from the Channel 5 channels in HD use the Catch Up and On Demand & Movies menus instead.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Hi there I just want to say many thanks to Gareth and BenMcr for your advice and the app seems to have had an update and after a tinker about with the display settings it now looks a whole lot better so once again many thanks for all your advice. 

Jason. 

Hi JML36,

Thank you for reaching back out to us and for the update, glad to hear you have been able to get this resolved with the Help of Gareth and BenMCr, I have fed this back to them for you.

If you have Any further issues or Questions do not hesitate to let us know?

Regards

Paul.