cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 360 Box is behaving differently..?!!!!

deans6571
Wise owl

Ever since I converted my V6 TiVo to 360, turning the TV and the box ON (via the 360 remote) has always followed this pattern (I do not have 'One Power' activated) :

1. TV starts as OFF (Standby) ; 360 box is in Standby (red light on front).

2. Grab 360 remote and press the white tv power button on the top left.

3. TV turns on to the default Samsung light blue standby screen with an on screen button showing 'No Signal' and  that I need to select a source.

4. Press the top red power button on the 360 remote - this always makes the hard disk of the V6 commence spinning and also signifies to me that the V6 has registered my button press.

5. A few seconds later, the 360 wakes properly and the TV also wakes properly and displays whichever channel it is on.

The above is all fine and all worked normally and ok.

But - the last few days, the above pattern has changed in that the process now jumps from 3 to 5? So in affect, now when I press the top red power button on the remote, the V6 hard disk no longer commences spinning (so I no longer get the sign that it has acknowledged my button press) but instead, the process just jumps to step 5......?! 

I wonder if the recent firmware update has changed this process...?

Accepted Solutions

Hi @deans6571

Thanks for your post and welcome back to our community 🙂

If I have understood properly, are you saying the Virgin TV now comes on quicker than before?

Are you having any service issues at all with the TV service?

Please pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

roy247
Community elder

Hi deans6571,

So are you saying pressing the white button is also turning the 360 on and you don't need to press the red button, if that's the case then maybe your Samsung TV is turning the 360 on using the Samsung Anynet +, HDMI control.

@roy247 wrote:

Hi deans6571,

So are you saying pressing the white button is also turning the 360 on and you don't need to press the red button, if that's the case then maybe your Samsung TV is turning the 360 on using the Samsung Anynet +, HDMI control.

No!

I'm saying that pressing the red power button on the remote now does NOT cause the 360 hard disk to first start spinning. Nothing really happens until the 360 actually boots up (before -  I knew that the 360 was turning on because the hard disk would first start spinning. But now, when I press the red power button, nothing happens until the 360 actually comes on).

Its difficult to explain really..!!

Hi @deans6571

If I have understood properly, are you saying the Virgin TV now comes on quicker than before?

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

@Vikki_M wrote:

Hi @deans6571

Hi!

Yep - the box does actually seem to start up quicker than before so I guess that's a good thing! No issues with my service so I think all is now good.

😊

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @deans6571 

We don't always receive the same updates as the Dutch, however according their website, 

• The Mediabox Next starts up faster from ECO mode (~10% faster)

I don't use Eco mode (I'm on Fast Start) so haven't noticed any difference in start up speed.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@newapollo wrote:

Hi @deans6571 

We don't always receive the same updates as the Dutch, however according their website, 

• The Mediabox Next starts up faster from ECO mode (~10% faster)

I don't use Eco mode (I'm on Fast Start) so haven't noticed any difference in start up speed.

Just for the record, I’m using Fast Start. 

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @deans6571

Thanks for the clarification 🙂 I'm glad to hear there's no issues with your service and that your box is now starting up faster. If you have any further questions please get back in touch!

Kind regards,

Serena