cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiroom box network connection

nikkiemac8
Tuning in

Hi, I have a 360 box and a multiroom box, all have been working perfectly fine until the multiroom box lost its WiFi connection, I have reset it and connected once again to the WiFi and that works fine, however after 10 seconds it says We've found a connection problem and that I don't have an Ethernet connection between the box and hub.

This is confusing as it's a WiFi multiroom box and doesn't require an Ethernet connection. Hopefully it's something simple that I'm missing but I just can't get it to work. Any help is appreciated thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

HI @nikkiemac8 

Please double check that the multiroom box (is that a mini box?) doesn't have an ethernet cable plugged in as that will stop it connecting via wifi.

If it has the ethernet cable connected then remove it and try again.

Have you tried setting up via the WPS button instead?

With your Virgin TV 360 remote highlight and select WiFi. Select “WPS setup” and follow on screen messages

Then to connect using WPS press the WPS button on your Hub until the light flashes, then press OK on your 360 remote to continue. Your 360 box will attempt to connect automatically

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

HI @nikkiemac8 

Please double check that the multiroom box (is that a mini box?) doesn't have an ethernet cable plugged in as that will stop it connecting via wifi.

If it has the ethernet cable connected then remove it and try again.

Have you tried setting up via the WPS button instead?

With your Virgin TV 360 remote highlight and select WiFi. Select “WPS setup” and follow on screen messages

Then to connect using WPS press the WPS button on your Hub until the light flashes, then press OK on your 360 remote to continue. Your 360 box will attempt to connect automatically

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

All sorted thank you, one of the kids seem to have left an ethernet cable plugged in to the box. Didn't even notice it. Removed at connected straight away, wouldn't even have thought of that, thanks so much,

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @nikkiemac8 

Thanks for the quick update, I'm sat here beaming like a cheshire cat now.

So glad it's working for you now - it's often the simple things that we don't think about.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.