cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple engineer visits for additional TV360 boxes?

disco-pants
Joining in

Hi, quick sanity-check on this please, if anyone can help...?

I recently signed up to Ultimate Volt, so additional 360 box included - installation date arranged for early June. All good.  

After placing the order we had a bit of a rethink of our setup, so I contacted customer services to  ask to add a second additional box (3 in total) to our account - only to be advised that wasn't possible until my account was active (ie, 24-48h after the installation in June). I'd need to call up after that's happened, to request the additional box and book in another engineer to install it. 

It's not a big deal, but just surprised this can't be done in the single initial installation visit - seems a bit inefficient for us and VM. Or have I just not got through to the right adviser to make this happen?!

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @disco-pants 

It may be due to VM's antiquated computers systems whch are a mixture from different previous cable companies.

The computer is probably saying, no you can't do that as there is already a valid working order in progress.

Until the order is canceleld they can't add anything to it.

Cancelling the order and starting a new one with three boxes would probably delay your installation.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @disco-pants 

It may be due to VM's antiquated computers systems whch are a mixture from different previous cable companies.

The computer is probably saying, no you can't do that as there is already a valid working order in progress.

Until the order is canceleld they can't add anything to it.

Cancelling the order and starting a new one with three boxes would probably delay your installation.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali